Study the Bible, geography, and history together as a family!
The fifth in our popular six-book history series, this study walks your family through the exciting Early Modern times (about 1550–1850) of American History and World History. The geography of North America is incorporated, and Family Bible lessons continue to share timeless principles from the New Testament epistles (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon, Hebrews, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus). Additional assignments are provided for older students to dig deeper into those same Bible passages.
The Charlotte Mason-style lesson plans
- Engage your students’ hearts and minds through wonderful living books.
- Help your students listen attentively and recall what was read by narrating.
- Let you teach the whole family together by sharing some books as family read-alouds, then challenging older students with additional reading and writing assignments from other books on the same topic.
- Connect geography to the people who lived there—both past and present.
- Help all your students, grades 1–12, feel at home in Scripture and challenged to keep growing spiritually through short, practical Bible lessons for the whole family and additional corresponding Bible studies for the older students.
- Keep things simple by providing helpful reminders of upcoming resources, teaching tips, and Book of Centuries entries.
See the complete year’s book list, along with suggestions of where to find the books, in the convenient Book List tab above.
High School Credit
For the completion of grades 7–9 or 10–12 assignments in this Early Modern & Epistles study, we suggest that students should be awarded 1/2 credit for World History/Geography, 1/2 credit for American History/Geography, and 1⁄3 credit for Bible. (The other half of the American History credit can be found in the Modern Times study.)
The lesson plans in Early Modern & Epistles are very doable. Your weekly schedule would look something like this, with older students also spending time on additional assignments:
Our History, Geography, and Bible Series
With our six-book series, you will cover the entire Bible, learn history from ancient to modern, and study all the main regions of the world!
Keep It Simple
Combine these History Studies with our Individual Studies and family-combined Enrichment Studies for a complete Charlotte Mason curriculum plan!