Spread a wide feast of wonderful studies that enrich life!
Give all your students (grades 1–12) the variety of attractive subjects that makes a Charlotte Mason education so enjoyable! These enrichment subjects go beyond the “three Rs” to add life to your home school. The simple lesson plans in this volume detail how you can provide an ample feast of enriching subjects in just one hour a day.
Your family will
- enjoy the beautiful artwork of Constable, Rembrandt, and Velazquez;
- get to know Robert Louis Stevenson and his poetry;
- listen to the compositions of J. S. Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin;
- ponder the classic and imaginative Shakespeare play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream;
- be spiritually enriched by 30 Scripture memory passages and 6 timeless hymns;
- learn the handicrafts of crochet and hand sewing, and the art of painting with pastels;
- read wonderful literature books the whole family will love;
- practice speaking a foreign language;
- and form good habits that will prepare your children for life.
Click on the Book List tab to see a full list of the resources needed for these lesson plans.
High School Credit
For the completion of assignments in this Enrichment Studies, Volume 1, using the Older Group of literature books, we suggest that students should be awarded 1/4 credit for Fine Arts and 1⁄2 credit for Literature. (If you continue similar Enrichment studies through all four years of high school, the student will earn 1 full credit of Fine Arts and 2 of Literature.)
The lesson plans in Enrichment Studies, Volume 1, are very doable, taking only about 1 hour a day. Your weekly schedule would look something like this:
(10 min.)Habits (10 min.)Picture Study(10 min.)Family Read-Aloud(20 min.)
(10 min.)Hymn Study (5 min.)Poetry (5 min.)Foreign Language(15 min.)Family Read-Aloud(20 min.)
(10 min.)Habits (10 min.)Music Study (10 min.)Family Read-Aloud(20 min.)
(10 min.)Hymn Study (5 min.)Foreign Languages(15 min.)Handicrafts(20 min.)Family Read-Aloud(20 min.)
(10 min.)Nature Study (15+min.)Repetition: Poem(5 min.)Family Read-Aloud(20 min.)
Keep It Simple
Combine these Enrichment Studies with our Individual Studies and family-combined History Studies for a complete Charlotte Mason curriculum plan!