Study the Bible, geography, and history together as a family!
The sixth in our popular six-book history series, this study walks your family through people and events from Modern Times (about 1850–2012), covering both American History and World History. The geography of Asia is incorporated, and Family Bible lessons focus on truths from New Testament epistles (1 & 2 Peter; 1, 2, & 3 John; Jude) as well as the book of Revelation. Additional assignments are provided for older students to dig deeper into those same Bible passages.
The Charlotte Mason-style lesson plans
- Engage your students’ hearts and minds through wonderful living books.
- Help your students listen attentively and recall what was read by narrating.
- Let you teach the whole family together by sharing some books as family read-alouds, then challenging older students with additional reading and writing assignments from other books on the same topic.
- Connect geography to the people who lived there—both past and present.
- Help all your students, grades 1–12, feel at home in Scripture and challenged to keep growing spiritually through short, practical Bible lessons for the whole family and additional corresponding Bible studies for the older students.
- Keep things simple by providing helpful reminders of upcoming resources, teaching tips, and Book of Centuries entries.
Click on the Book List tab to see a full list of the resources needed for these lesson plans.
High School Credit
For the completion of grades 7–9 or 10–12 assignments in this Modern Times & Epistles, Revelation study, we suggest that students should be awarded 1/2 credit for World History/Geography, 1/2 credit for American History/Geography, and 1⁄3 credit for Bible. (The other half of the American History credit can be found in the Early Modern study.)
The lesson plans in Modern Times & Epistles, Revelation are very doable. Your weekly schedule would look something like this, with older students also spending time on additional assignments:
This 2nd edition of Modern Times & Epistles, Revelation, published in 2017, has been updated to schedule The Stuff They Left Behind: From the Days of Modern Times portfolio and the Visits to Asia geography notebook. Out-of-print or hard-to-find books have been replaced, and high school credit suggestions have been added. Bible lessons for the whole family are now included in the guide itself, with additional assignments scheduled for older students to dig deeper into the same Bible passages with the Bible study book, Strong in the Word.
Our History, Geography, and Bible Series
With our six-book series, you will cover the entire Bible, learn history from ancient to modern, and study all the main regions of the world!
& Ancient EgyptCreation—332 B.C.
& Ancient Greece1856 B.C.—146 B.C.
& Ancient Rome753 B.C.—A.D. 476
|Middle Ages, Renaissance,|
Reformation & Epistles394—1550
& Epistles, Revelation1850—2012
Keep It Simple
Combine these History Studies with our Individual Studies and family-combined Enrichment Studies for a complete Charlotte Mason curriculum plan!