Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
Make geography come alive through the delightful combination of maps and living books!
With Visits to North America, you will explore geography through captivating photography, a traveler’s firsthand accounts, and step-by-step work with maps.
This Visits to North America notebook serves as your guide to
- see the big picture as you explore North America.
- become familiar with the countries of the world and where they are located.
- get to know real families who live in those countries and see what their lives are like.
- look closely and carefully at the details of those families’ countries.
- create a personal map book.
With short map drills, guided readings from two fascinating living geography books—Material World and Hungry Planet: What the World Eats,—leading narration and discussion questions, meaningful map studies, plus lots of ideas for additional living books and activities, you are sure to enjoy these visits to North America!
Book List for Visits to North America
Optional Recommended Reading
Grades 1–3 or Family
- Appalachia: The Voices of Sleeping Birds by Cynthia Rylant
- Family Pictures by Carmen Lomas Garza
- The Great Serum Race by Debbie S. Miller
- Hey Canada by Vivien Bowers
- If You’re Not from the Prairie by David Bouchard
- Song of the Swallows by Leo Politi
- Surrounded by Sea: Life on a New England Fishing Island by Gail Gibbons
- Paddle-to-the-Sea by H. C. Holling
- Minn of the Mississippi by H. C. Holling
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × .54 in|
Grade 11, Grade 1, Grade 12, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10
Early Modern & Epistles