No products in the cart.
The Charlotte Mason Elementary Arithmetic Series: Book 2 Number Sentence Cards
Handy cards that keep the math lesson going even if you need to step away for a few minutes. See full description →
Number Sentence Cards are the homeschool math teacher’s best friend! Your student will be able to keep working smoothly on a math lesson if you get called away for a moment with these convenient Number Sentence Cards. Each card contains six number sentences—enough to require effort but not too much to seem overwhelming.
Cards in the Book 2 Collection
More than 500 ready-to-use equations at your fingertips!
- 62 Cards for Addition Tables (up to 10 + 10)
- 40 cards focus on the addition tables (for example, the cards for the 5s table would include 5 + 1, 5 + 2, 5 + 3, 6 – 5, 7 – 5, etc.). Equations from previously learned tables are also included.
- 22 cards explore how each number, 1 – 10, can be composed and decomposed (for example, 5 can be composed as 5 + 0, 4 + 1, 3 + 2 and decomposed as 5 – 0, 5 – 4, 5 – 2, etc.).
- 24 Cards for Multiplication Tables (up to 6 x 10)
- Four cards for each multiplication table up to 6 x 10.
- 144 number sentences that review both multiplication and division facts. (Since the ÷ symbol is not introduced until the final lessons in Book 2, these cards do not use that symbol. Instead, the division sentences ask the child to determine the number of “3s in 15,” for example, wording the concept like the familiar Table Work portion of the lessons in the book.)
Note: This collection of cards is included in the Book 2 Kit.
How to Use Number Sentence Cards
Before a lesson begins, pull out an applicable card or two. You might select cards of the number currently being worked with in the arithmetic lesson or use cards for particular numbers that need additional practice.
If you unexpectedly need to attend to something else for a few minutes, give your child the selected cards so he may continue working on his own without interruption. He should complete the number sentences, using manipulatives if needed, and write the answers on his personal whiteboard.
|Dimensions||3.5 × 2.5 × 1 in|
Individual Studies, Grade 2