Put life into your math studies!
Mathematics: An Instrument for Living Teaching explains step by step how Charlotte Mason taught math in a practical and life-related way from first grade through twelfth, from beginning numbers through algebra and geometry.
In this ground-breaking handbook, Richele Baburina reveals what every parent-teacher wants to know about Charlotte’s approach to teaching math. The detailed explanations are based on extensive research—information gathered from several sources that were used by Charlotte’s teachers and parents, then meticulously compared and compiled with Charlotte’s own words.
Using Charlotte Mason’s methods outlined in this book you will be able to
- Teach math concepts in a hands-on, life-related way that assures understanding.
- Encourage daily mental effort from your students with oral work.
- Cultivate and reinforce good habits in your math lessons—habits like attention, accuracy, clear thinking, and neatness.
- Awaken a sense of awe in God’s fixed laws of the universe.
- Evaluate and supplement your chosen arithmetic curriculum or design your own.
It’s time to make math an instrument for living teaching in your home school!