Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
Shakespeare in Three Steps
An enjoyable and simple approach to some of the greatest literature ever written—the plays of William Shakespeare! Help your students become familiar with Shakespeare's imaginative stories, memorable characters, and brilliant lines in three simple steps: 1. Read the story. 2. Hear the script. 3. Watch the play.
Click the individual books below to view their full details. You’ll see more about each play’s plot and our recommended grade levels, so you can find a play that will be interesting and age-appropriate for your students.
Shakespeare in Three Steps: A Midsummer Night’s Dream$19.95 – $27.95
Shakespeare in Three Steps: As You Like It$19.95 – $27.95
Shakespeare in Three Steps: Hamlet$19.95 – $27.95
Shakespeare in Three Steps: Julius Caesar$19.95 – $27.95
Shakespeare in Three Steps: Macbeth$18.95 – $27.95
Shakespeare in Three Steps: The Comedy of Errors$18.95 – $27.95
Shakespeare in Three Steps: The Taming of the Shrew$18.95 – $27.95
Shakespeare in Three Steps: Twelfth Night$19.95 – $27.95
“To become intimate with Shakespeare in this way is a great enrichment of mind and instruction of conscience.”—Charlotte Mason
Each Shakespeare in Three Steps book provides everything you need:
- A well-written story version of the play by E. Nesbit or Charles and Mary Lamb—classic narratives that have been providing a wonderful introduction to Shakespeare’s plays for decades.
- The complete script of the play with helpful notes to explain unusual terms or add to your understanding of Shakespeare’s stories, characters, and lines. When you purchase a printed version of Shakespeare in Three Steps, you will also receive the e-book version in PDF form so you can easily make copies of the included script for your students.
- An outlined plan for walking through the script, divided into manageable portions with quick recaps, scene introductions, and summaries that will guide you each step of the way. We highly recommend using the excellent audio dramatizations from Arkangel Shakespeare for this step, so students can hear the lines delivered masterfully from the very beginning.
- Script highlights, featuring well-known or just ponder-worthy lines, that will gently introduce the Bard’s genius and cultivate an appreciation for his wonderful way with words.
- Parental advisories to give you a heads-up on scenes that may contain material inappropriate for children.
- Helpful lists of the characters in the scenes and the number of lines each one speaks, so you can assign parts knowledgeably for reading sessions or acting roles.
- Candid reviews of several video recordings of the play to save you time previewing and help you select an appropriate presentation for your students to watch and enjoy.