“Let the young people hear good music as often as possible, . . . let them study occasionally the works of a single great master until they have received some of his teaching, and know his style.” —Charlotte Mason
Each Music Study with the Masters portfolio includes everything you need to teach music appreciation successfully.
- Feel confident—whether you are old friends with the composers or are just being introduced—with step-by-step instructions for doing music study. It takes only a few minutes each week, yet it yields amazingly rich results!
- Listen to a wide range of the composer’s works and get to know his style with two full-length albums of his music. We have included mostly full-length works and added a few shorter, well-known pieces to round out the collection.
- Learn the fascinating stories behind the pieces (and a bit about classical music along the way) with the Listen and Learn ideas for eight of the composer’s works.
- Get to know the composer as a real person through a personal portrait and see where he fits in history with the included timeline.
- Experience the composer’s history come alive with two living biographies: a succinct and vivid A Day in the Life narrative designed for all ages, and a longer entire-life biography well-told for older students (or anyone who wants to learn more).
- Fuel additional discovery and heart connections with favorite composers and their music with recommended resources for further study.
Choose from our growing selection of well-known composers!
Charlotte held that “Music is a necessary part of education.” Your students will enjoy this part of a rich education when they do Music Study with the Masters!