Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
Shakespeare in Three Steps: Julius Caesar
$19.95 – $27.95
An enjoyable and simple approach to some of the greatest literature ever written—the plays of William Shakespeare! Help your students become familiar with Shakespeare’s imaginative stories, memorable characters, and brilliant lines in three simple steps. (Grades 9–12)
A free PDF e-book version is included with every print book so you can easily make copies of the script for your students.
“To become intimate with Shakespeare in this way is a great enrichment of mind and instruction of conscience.”—Charlotte Mason
Now you can help your students become familiar with Shakespeare’s imaginative stories, memorable characters, and brilliant lines in three simple steps:
- Read the story.
- Hear the script.
- Watch the play.
Shakespeare in Three Steps: Julius Caesar provides everything you need:
- A well-written story version of the play designed to provide a wonderful introduction to the play, presented in the living style of storytellers E. Nesbit and Charles and Mary Lamb.
- The complete script of the play with helpful notes to explain unusual terms or add to your understanding of Shakespeare’s stories, characters, and lines. When you purchase a printed version of Shakespeare in Three Steps, you will also receive the e-book version in PDF form so you can easily make copies of the included script for your students.
- An outlined plan for walking through the script, divided into manageable portions with quick recaps, scene introductions, and summaries that will guide you each step of the way. We highly recommend using the excellent audio dramatization from Arkangel Shakespeare for this step, so students can hear the lines delivered masterfully from the very beginning.
- Script highlights, featuring well-known or just ponder-worthy lines, that will gently introduce the Bard’s genius and cultivate an appreciation for his wonderful way with words.
- Parental advisories to give you a heads-up on scenes that may contain material inappropriate for children.
- Helpful lists of the characters in the scenes and the number of lines each one speaks, so you can assign parts knowledgeably for reading sessions or acting roles.
- Candid reviews of several video recordings of the play to save you time previewing and help you select an appropriate presentation for your students to watch and enjoy.
Recommended for Grades 9–12
Summary: Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar is a dramatic interpretation of the historical events that led to the murder of Roman dictator Julius Caesar by conspirators in 44 B.C. and the deadly political power struggle that followed.
Grade 11, Grade 12, Grade 9, Grade 10