Free shipping on USA orders over $129!
Shakespeare in Three Steps: As You Like It
$19.95 – $27.95
An enjoyable and simple approach to some of the greatest literature ever written—the plays of William Shakespeare! Help your students become familiar with Shakespeare’s imaginative stories, memorable characters, and brilliant lines in three simple steps. (Grades 2–12)
A free PDF e-book version is included with every print book so you can easily make copies of the script for your students.
“To become intimate with Shakespeare in this way is a great enrichment of mind and instruction of conscience.”—Charlotte Mason
Now you can help your students become familiar with Shakespeare’s imaginative stories, memorable characters, and brilliant lines in three simple steps:
- Read the story.
- Hear the script.
- Watch the play.
Shakespeare in Three Steps: As You Like It provides everything you need:
- A well-written story version of the play by E. Nesbit—a classic narrative that has been providing a wonderful introduction to As You Like It for decades.
- The complete script of the play with helpful notes to explain unusual terms or add to your understanding of Shakespeare’s stories, characters, and lines. When you purchase a printed version of Shakespeare in Three Steps, you will also receive the e-book version in PDF form so you can easily make copies of the included script for your students.
- An outlined plan for walking through the script, divided into manageable portions with quick recaps, scene introductions, and summaries that will guide you each step of the way. We highly recommend using the excellent audio dramatization from Arkangel Shakespeare for this step, so students can hear the lines delivered masterfully from the very beginning.
- Script highlights, featuring well-known or just ponder-worthy lines, that will gently introduce the Bard’s genius and cultivate an appreciation for his wonderful way with words.
- Parental advisories to give you a heads-up on scenes that may contain material inappropriate for children.
- Helpful lists of the characters in the scenes and the number of lines each one speaks, so you can assign parts knowledgeably for reading sessions or acting roles.
- Candid reviews of several video recordings of the play to save you time previewing and help you select an appropriate presentation for your students to watch and enjoy.
As You Like It
Recommended for Grades 2–12
Summary: For many years Rosalind has been permitted to remain in the court of the duke as friend to his daughter, but when Rosalind begins to fall in love with the son of one of the duke’s enemies, the duke decides she must leave at once. Rosalind and her friend assume disguises to keep them safe in their travel—the princess as a country lass and Rosalind as her brother—and set out to find Rosalind’s father, the rightful duke, in the forests of Arden.
In the forest, Rosalind’s path crosses that of her love, Orlando, but instead of revealing that she is Rosalind, she decides to continue pretending to be a man in order to tease and jest with Orlando and offers, as a man, to pretend to be Orlando’s lady-fair so that she can cure him of his obsession with the fair Rosalind. The tables turn, however, when Orlando is wounded rescuing a man and Rosalind realizes just how much she truly loves him. She reveals herself to him and her father, and the two are wed in the green wood.
|11 × 8.5 × .75 in
Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7
Enrichment Studies, Volume 2