Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
Music Study with the Masters: Joplin
$19.95 – $27.95
Music Study with the Masters makes it easy to enjoy and appreciate music together as a family. With Charlotte Mason’s simple and effective method, you will get to know Joplin well, add variety to your schoolwork, and cultivate your children’s tastes for good music in just a few short minutes each week.
“Let the young people hear good music as often as possible,…let them study occasionally the works of a single great master until they have received some of his teaching, and know his style.” —Charlotte Mason
This Music Study with the Masters portfolio, by professional musician and music teacher Rebekah Carlson, includes everything you need to teach music appreciation successfully.
- Feel confident—whether you are old friends with the composer or are just being introduced—with step-by-step instructions for doing music study. It takes only a few minutes each week, yet it yields amazingly rich results!
- Listen to a wide range of Joplin’s works and get to know his style with two full-length albums of his music.
- Learn the fascinating stories behind the pieces (and a bit about classical music along the way) with the Listen and Learn ideas for eight of Joplin’s works.
- Get to know Joplin as a real person through a personal portrait and see where he fits in history with the included timeline.
- Experience Joplin’s history come alive with two living biographies: a succinct and vivid A Day in the Life narrative designed for all ages, and a longer entire-life biography well-told for older students (or anyone who wants to learn more).
- Fuel additional discovery and heart connections with Joplin and his music with recommended resources for further study.
Charlotte held that “Music is a necessary part of education.” Your students will enjoy this part of a rich education when they do Music Study with the Masters!
Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 1, Grade 12, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9