Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
Delightful Reading, Level 3: From Words to Books
Make reading lessons a delight with a multi-sensory mix of phonics, sight words, beautiful reading selections, hands-on activities, and creative fun with words. (Grades 1–2)See full description →
Guide your child from reading beginning words to reading entire sentences and books with confidence!
The From Words to Books kit makes reading lessons a delight with a multi-sensory mix of phonics, sight words, beautiful reading selections, hands-on activities, and creative fun with words.
Multi-sensory lessons to gently move your child from reading beginning words to reading entire sentences and books, featuring
- Step-by-step instructions so you can focus on your child’s progress.
- Short lessons to encourage a habit of paying attention.
- Classic passages and creative sentences that cover the 100 Most Commonly Used Words, plus hundreds more, including “Rain” by Robert Louis Stevenson; The Dogs and the Fox, an Aesop fable; Proverbs 23:4 and 5 (NIV); and “Letter to My Friends, from a Delighted Author.”
- Helpful teaching tips, word definitions, and notes so you can teach with confidence.
Teach your child to read the delightful way!
The From Words to Books kit contains
- Teacher book with step-by-steps instructions
- A Delightful Reader book filled with classic passages and creative sentences
- My Word Book journal to record and review words your child can read
- 6 decks of ready-to-use word and letter cards that correspond to the lessons
Now reading lessons can be delightful!
Most of the items in the From Words to Books kit are reusable. The only item that you will need to use the kit with more than one child is another My Word Book. Order one My Word Book per additional child.
$3.95Add to cart
(You may also be interested in our Delightful Handwriting books that feature the same reading selections used in the From Words to Books kit.)
Teach your child to read the delightful way with all three Delightful Reading kits!
|Dimensions||9 × 12.5 × 2.3 in|
Kit, Spiral, Stapled
Grade 1, K
It moved too slowly for my son. He was five at the time but wasn’t getting much reading done. The lessons are too long for one session, but when broken up, it takes at least a week before finishing one or two lines of a poem. We switched back to “Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy lessons,” and he’s reading much more often and longer passages.
Sonya Shafer –
Yes, the pace moves slowly for the first passage to make sure the ground is secured under the student’s feet. The difficulty level, length, and pace picks up as you work through the other three passages in the kit. I’m glad you felt free to focus on teaching the child and not just following the curriculum. The important thing is that he is reading now. Hurrah!
If you need more good books for him to practice reading aloud to you, you might take a look at the Pathway Readers. They are recommended to be added in after that initial poem’s lessons are finished. Our children loved them!
I love the delightful reading kits. I started my 6 year old with another program this year but found the Level 3 kit to be the perfect match. My daughter found confidence and we are able to move as quickly or slowly as needed without feeling “behind.” Integrating words with a multi-sensory approach is amazing but most importantly she is coming into lessons having retained much of what we have worked on previously.