No products in the cart.
Delightful Handwriting Student Book
$12.95 – $17.95
A gentle handwriting course that allows you to progress at your child’s pace from simple strokes to letters to words to copying beautiful phrases and sentences. Uses words and rich reading selections from Delightful Reading to reinforce and review. (Early Years–Grade 2)
Note: The teacher guide is sold separately from the student copybooks.
Handwriting lessons can be a delight!
Delightful Handwriting uses Charlotte Mason’s gentle and effective methods to make handwriting lessons a delight. Your child will naturally progress from copying simple initial strokes to letters to words to wonderful phrases and sentences.
With Delightful Handwriting you will
- Confidently Guide Your Child—The step-by-step lesson plans in the teacher book and easy-to-use student copybook help you teach your child to write as he is ready.
- Reinforce the Habit of Attention—Short lessons (5–10 minutes) cultivate the habit of focused attention for the whole lesson.
- Cultivate the Habit of Best Effort—The clean, minimal layout of the student copybook emphasizes quality over quantity.
- Accommodate Left-Hand or Right-Hand Writing—The student copybook’s unique spiral-at-the-top design makes it easy for little hands to work without any obstacles in their handwriting path.
- Give Your Child a Sense of Accomplishment—Students begin copying words early in the lessons to use the letters as they are learned.
- Strengthen Reading Confidence—Words and copywork selections are taken from the Delightful Reading program (optional) to reinforce and review words your child can read if you are also using that program.
Student copybooks are available in two popular styles: Zaner Bloser and D’Nealian. One Delightful Handwriting teacher book is all you need to teach either style. Take a look at the differences between Zaner Bloser and D’Nealian or download the free sample of each handwriting style and choose the one you prefer.
My younger girls love their SCM handwriting! They are finally *getting* that a page done perfectly is preferable to 2-3 pages poorly done.
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × .54 in|
Student Copybook (D'Nealian), Student Copybook (Zaner Bloser)
Grade 1, K
Individual Studies, Grade 1