Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
Make geography come alive through the delightful combination of maps and living books!
With Visits to Europe, you will explore geography through captivating photography, a traveler’s firsthand accounts, and step-by-step work with maps.
This Visits to Europe notebook serves as your guide to
- see the big picture as you explore Europe.
- become familiar with the countries of the world and where they are located.
- get to know real families who live in those countries and see what their lives are like.
- look closely and carefully at the details of those families’ countries.
- create a personal map book.
With short map drills, guided readings from two fascinating living geography books—Material World and Hungry Planet: What the World Eats,—leading narration and discussion questions, meaningful map studies, plus lots of ideas for additional living books and activities, you are sure to enjoy these visits to Europe!
Book List for Visits to Europe
Optional Recommended Reading
Grades 1–3 or Family
- Children of the Northlights by Ingri and Edgar D’Aulaire
- Hanna’s Cold Winter by Trish Marx
- Katje the Windmill Cat by Gretchen Woelfle
- Megan’s Year: An Irish Traveler’s Story by Gloria Whelan
- My Tour of Europe: By Teddy Roosevelt, Age 10 edited by Ellen Jackson
- Orani: My Father’s Village by Claire A. Nivola OR Dancing on Grapes by Graziella Pacini Buonanno
- The British Empire and the Great Divisions of the Globe (Book II for Standard III, Geographical Readers for Elementary Schools) by Charlotte M. Mason
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × .54 in|
Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 1, Grade 12, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9
Matthew through Acts & Ancient Rome