No products in the cart.
Make geography come alive through the delightful combination of maps and living books!
With Visits to Africa, you will explore geography through captivating photography, a traveler’s firsthand accounts, and step-by-step work with maps.
This Visits to Africa notebook serves as your guide to
- see the big picture as you explore Africa.
- become familiar with the countries of the world and where they are located.
- get to know real families who live in those countries and see what their lives are like.
- look closely and carefully at the details of those families’ countries.
- create a personal map book.
With short map drills, guided readings from two fascinating living geography books—Material World and Hungry Planet: What the World Eats,—leading narration and discussion questions, meaningful map studies, plus lots of ideas for additional living books and activities, you are sure to enjoy these visits to Africa!
Book List for Visits to Africa
Optional Recommended Reading
Grades 1–3 or Family
- Ashanti to Zulu: African Traditions by Margaret Musgrove
- Beatrice’s Goat by Page McBrier
- The Butter Man by Elizabeth Alalou and Ali Alalou
- One Child, One Seed: A South African Counting Book by Kathryn Cave
- We All Went on Safari: A Counting Journey through Tanzania by Laurie Krebs
- Yatandou by Gloria Whelan
- Letters from Egypt by Mary Whatley (edited by Sonya Shafer, published by Simply Charlotte Mason)
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × .54 in|
Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 1, Grade 12, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4
Genesis through Deuteronomy & Ancient Egypt