“If mothers could learn to do for themselves, what they do for their children . . . we would have happier households.”—Charlotte Mason
Mother Culture® is the skillful art of how a mother looks after the ways of her household. With a “thinking love” she creates a culture in the home all her own.
A mother does a lot of taking care, so she needs to take care of herself too. As a mother is feeding and cultivating the souls of her children, she is nourishing her own soul with ideas, while taking a little time for her own play and creativity. Nourished and refreshed, she keeps growing closer to God and into the Christian woman God is designing her to be.
In this book, Karen Andreola draws from her decades of parenting, homeschooling, and marriage to encourage you in your own growth as a mother, teacher, and wife. You will find the principles on its pages to be invigorating—especially if you have a low battery. The ideas she shares will strengthen you in your on-going efforts to create the happy home your heart desires.
The 40 chapters feature Karen’s signature Victorian illustrations and include gentle discussions on
- your role as queen in the home,
- taking moments to refresh your heart along the way,
- nourishing your mind,
- being brave for five minutes longer,
- the secret to success: plodding,
- making brothers and sisters best friends,
- how courtesy creates a good atmosphere at home,
- allowing your child to grow as an individual,
- safeguarding the love of learning in your children,
- avoiding curriculum traps,
- encouraging modesty,
- learning to be content and confident in homeschooling,
- and much, much more!
About the Author
Karen Andreola is best known for her book, A Charlotte Mason Companion. She home educated her three children K–12. Karen and her husband Dean fueled the revival of Charlotte Mason’s philosophy of education when they republished Miss Mason’s writings in 1989.