Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
Formation of Character: Charlotte Mason’s Original Home Schooling Series, Volume 5
$16.95 – $23.95
Volume 5 of Charlotte Mason’s original writings, Formation of Character, is a collection of mainly living stories that will give wisdom in shaping your child’s personality.
Purchase the printed copy and receive two e-book formats free! See full description →
“Education in morals the young people must get at home, or not at all. The chief of their duties is the duty they owe to their parents: from this stem, all other duties, to kindred, commonwealth, and neighbours, branch out.” —Charlotte Mason
Charlotte Mason (1842–1923) was 100 years ahead of her time in developing an educational philosophy that stressed bringing broad and stimulating education to a child in a noncompetitive, Biblically-based way. Her timeless, practical insights and her emphasis on the responsibility of the home have made her a founding influence in the homeschooling movement.
Formation of Character delves into shaping the child’s personality through incidental, rather than structured, education and circumstances. In this collection of mainly living stories you will gain wisdom for many areas of everyday life, including
- dealing with temper tantrums;
- helping a child learn to pay attention and focus;
- curbing sulking and pouting or the cold-shoulder treatment;
- handling a child who repeatedly lies or forgets what he has been told;
- getting the most out of holidays and vacation times;
- guiding graduated children still living at home.
“Teachers owe much to Charlotte Mason’s deep insight into child psychology and to the new principles in character building and mind training which she advocated. The gratitude of [those] who have profited by her counsel will be her enduring memorial.”—Elizabeth R., Her Majesty the Queen Mother of England
Now you can read Charlotte Mason’s original writings with confidence. This study edition of the Original Home Schooling Series presents
- Page replicas of the complete text as originally published, so you can be sure every word is authentic and accurate;
- Keeps the original page numbers, so you can easily look up favorite quotations and cited references—great for study groups;
- Enlarged text (28% larger), meticulously restored for ease of reading;
- Wide margins for note-taking, so you have plenty of room to document your growth as you study her rich and practical ideas;
- 8.5″ x 11″ page size, so your book will lie open more easily.
Purchase the printed copy and you also receive two e-book formats free: the wide-margin study edition and an edition without the notes column for easier reading on your e-reader device. Both formats are also included with the e-book purchase.
Enjoy all six volumes, with accurate replicas of the original pages, available from Simply Charlotte Mason.
Home Education: Charlotte Mason’s Original Home Schooling Series, Volume 1$15.95 – $21.95
Parents and Children: Charlotte Mason’s Original Home Schooling Series, Volume 2$15.95 – $21.95
School Education: Charlotte Mason’s Original Home Schooling Series, Volume 3$15.95 – $21.95
Ourselves: Charlotte Mason’s Original Home Schooling Series, Volume 4$16.95 – $23.95
Formation of Character: Charlotte Mason’s Original Home Schooling Series, Volume 5$16.95 – $23.95
A Philosophy of Education: Charlotte Mason’s Original Home Schooling Series, Volume 6$15.95 – $21.95
Volume 1: Home Education
Volume 2: Parents and Children
Volume 3: School Education
Volume 4: Ourselves
Volume 5: Formation of Character
Volume 6: A Philosophy of Education
Save with the Full Set
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 in|
E-book, Trade Paper
There are no reviews yet.