Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
We are happy to announce the arrival of two new resources: Genesis through Deuteronomy & Ancient Egypt, Third Edition, and Visits to Africa.
Those of you who have been eagerly awaiting the release of our newly revised lesson plans for the Genesis through Deuteronomy & Ancient Egypt study, they are now available! These daily lesson plans feature some wonderful new books, expanded assignments for the older students (for more high school credit), and our new geography notebook, Visits to Africa.
Visits to Africa
With Visits to Africa, you will explore that region of the world through captivating photography, a traveler’s firsthand accounts, and step-by-step work with maps.
This handy geography notebook serves as your guide to
- see the big picture as you explore Africa’s place in the world.
- become familiar with the countries of Africa and where they are located.
- get to know real families who live in Africa and see what their lives are like.
- look closely and carefully at the details of those families’ countries.
- create a personal map book.
With short map drills, guided readings from two fascinating living geography books—Material World and Hungry Planet: What the World Eats,—leading narration and discussion questions, meaningful map studies, plus lots of ideas for additional living books and activities, you are sure to enjoy these visits to Africa!
And more Visits to . . . geography notebooks are in the works! Download the sample of Visits to Africa and see how you can make geography come alive through the delightful combination of maps and living books!
Genesis through Deuteronomy & Ancient Egypt, Third Edition
When one of the key books we recommended in the lesson plans for this study, Oxford First Ancient History, went out of print, we decided that we needed to revise the plans for all those who were not able to get a copy of that book. Along the way we incorporated some great suggestions from our readers, commissioned a new replacement book, and added a few ideas of our own. The result is this exciting Third Edition of Genesis through Deuteronomy & Ancient Egypt!
This year of lesson plans for the whole family, grades 1–12, features the accounts of Adam to Moses, including a study of Ancient Egypt and other civilizations of the time period, so students get a picture of the world in which the Bible events happened. Older students add a fascinating study of the Law given at Mt. Sinai!
The Charlotte Mason-style lesson plans
- Make the ancient world come alive through living books and Bible readings.
- Help your students listen attentively and recall what was read by narrating.
- Connect geography to the people who lived there—both past and present.
- Challenge older students with interesting additional reading and writing assignments.
- Keep things simple by providing helpful reminders of upcoming resources, teaching tips, and Book of Centuries entries.
Download the sample of the newly revised Genesis through Deuteronomy & Ancient Egypt to see all of the great new ideas included in the lesson plans.
Charlotte Mason Blog Carnival: What I Like Most About CM
We’re honored to be hosting the Charlotte Mason Blog Carnival this week. You will be refreshed as you read this collection of helpful blog posts by fellow CMers all gathered in one place. Grab a cool drink and settle in for some encouragement and practical tips.