Since 1994 Practical Homeschooling magazine has hosted annual Reader Awards for homeschool curriculum. This event is a little different in that the Reader Awards are not a “popularity” prize, but a “satisfaction” prize.
First, homeschoolers nominate their favorite products in a wide number of categories. PHS tabulates the results and creates a ballot. Then homeschoolers vote, ranking on a scale of 1 to 10 only the products they have used. The product with the highest customer satisfaction in a category wins.
We are thrilled to announce that SCM has won eight Reader Awards in 2014! The winners are
- Picture Study Portfolios—Everything you need to do art appreciation, all gathered into one beautiful package: gorgeous art prints, an artist biography, information on the pictures, and more!
- Laying Down the Rails—Our bestselling book on habit training! Here, compiled into one volume, are all the habits Charlotte mentioned in her writings with her thoughts and suggestions for cultivating each one. And now we’ve added Laying Down the Rails for Children too!
- Our Family Study Handbook series—Save time by teaching all your students, grades 1–12, together with these history, geography, and Bible lesson plans. Each handbook gives you a year of Charlotte Mason-style daily lesson plans with living books, Book of Centuries entries, narration ideas, Scripture passages, geography books and map drills, plus additional reading assignments for older students.
- 106 Days of Creation Studies—This science handbook outlines all the details of the living books, nature study, science experiments, Bible verses, and additional assignments that one family used to study creation with all their elementary children together.
- Spelling Wisdom—Our CM-style spelling curriculum that teaches today’s 6,000 most frequently used words presented in the writings of great men and women of history.
- Our line up of Simply Charlotte Mason Bible studies—From Old Testament Law to Proverbs, from Romans to Revelation, these Bible studies are designed to help you interact directly with Scripture.
- Delightful Handwriting—A gentle handwriting course that allows you to progress at your child’s pace from simple strokes to letters to words to copying beautiful phrases and sentences.
- Our Stories of America and Stories of the Nations books—Four collections of stories from American history and world history that help make the past come alive for your child. Each volume includes helpful maps of the era covered.
Thank you to everyone who nominated our resources and voted to let us know that you are highly satisfied with them. What an honor!
We try to create resources that will make it simple for you to implement Charlotte Mason’s wonderful methods with your children. Thanks for the vote of confidence!