Also available bundled with The Charlotte Mason Elementary Arithmetic Series, Book 3.
This convenient kit is designed to go with Book 3 of The Charlotte Mason Elementary Arithmetic Series. It provides corresponding resources in one convenient location, so you can focus on enjoying the lively, interactive lessons with your child.
Everything in the kit is non-consumable, so you can use it with all of your children! Just add one grid math notebook per student.
The Charlotte Mason Elementary Arithmetic Series Book 3 Kit includes
- 1 Digital kitchen scale
- 20 Play one-dollar bills
- 10 Play ten-dollar bills
- 100 Craft sticks
- 15 Rubber bands
- 1 Geared clock
- One 12-inch ruler
- One 12-inch strip of card stock
- One 60-inch tape measure
- One 72-inch piece of string
- 1 Set liquid measuring cups: 1 cup, 2 cups, 4 cups
- 1 Set dry measuring cups: 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup
- 1 Gallon container
- Two 1-ounce cups
- 1 Dry erase board with blank and grid sides
- 1 Dry erase marker
- 24 Number Sentence Cards for Multiplication Tables (from 7 x 10 through 10 x 10)
- 24 Number Sentence Cards for Mixed Multiplication & Division (up to 6 x 10)
- 36 Number Sentence Cards for Mixed Multiplication & Division (up to 10 x 10)
How to Use the Number Sentence Cards
Cards are provided for multiplication tables from 7 x 10 through 10 x 10, as well as mixed review of all multiplication and division facts learned. (Cards are also available separately.)
Before a lesson begins, pull out an applicable card or two. You might select cards of the number currently being worked with in the arithmetic lesson or use cards for particular numbers that need additional practice.
If you unexpectedly need to attend to something else for a few minutes, give your child the selected cards so she may continue working on her own without interruption. She should complete the number sentences, using manipulatives if needed, and write the answers on her personal dry erase board.
Note: Book 2 covers multiplication tables through 6 x 10. Book 3 covers the rest of the multiplication tables through 10 x 10.