Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
Picture Study Portfolios: Van Gogh
$11.95 – $21.95
Everything you need to do art appreciation, all gathered into one beautiful package: gorgeous art prints, an artist biography, information on the pictures, and more!(Grades 1–12) See full description →
Make art appreciation simple and beautiful!
Everything you need to successfully do picture study is in this easy-to-use portfolio. Just one 15-minute lesson once a week is all it takes to spread this feast and cultivate within your children an appreciation for what is just, true, and beautiful.
“We cannot measure the influence that one or another artist has upon the child’s sense of beauty, upon his power of seeing, as in a picture, the common sights of life; he is enriched more than we know in having really looked at even a single picture.”—Charlotte Mason
This Picture Study Portfolio contains
- Full-color works—Eight beautiful pictures by Van Gogh are included, so you have freedom to choose your six favorites. These convenient art prints come on 8.5″ x 11″ UV coated card stock for fade resistance and durability.
- A Picture Study handbook specific to Van Gogh—With the Picture Study handbook, you will have everything you need for successful picture study gathered into one place in an easy-to-use format.
- Inspiration—Charlotte Mason’s own words about why and how to do picture study.
- How To Use—A simple 5-step plan to follow at your own pace.
- Artist Biography—A short, living biography about Van Gogh, appropriate for all ages.
- Recommended Reading List—An annotated list of suggested books for optional further study, with age-level recommendations.
- Leading Thoughts—Interesting additional information and ideas that will invite more discussion about each picture included in the portfolio.
- Specifics—Helpful information about the sizes, current locations, and creation dates of the original works of art. Great for informal size comparisons, geography relations, and Book of Centuries entries.
- A Sturdy Portfolio Envelope—The attractive 10″ x 13″ envelope keeps your art prints and handbook protected, organized, and easy to store!
- The Potato Eaters
- Still Life—Vase with 15 Sunflowers
- Bedroom in Arles
- The Sower
- The Starry Night
- The Good Samaritan (After Delecroix)
- Wheat Field with Crows
If you would like each of your students to have his or her own copy of the art prints included in this Picture Study Portfolio, we have sets of extra prints available. Purchase ten or more sets and receive a 10% discount.
|Dimensions||10.25 × 13 × 0.31 in|
E-kit, Kit, Stapled
Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 1, Grade 12
I had been wanting to do some kind of art appreciation or picture study, but didn’t know where to start. Having been impressed with the “Stuff They Left Behind” portfolio I had recently ordered, I decided to give the “Picture Study Portfolio” a try and picked Van Gogh to start with. What a wonderful resource this is–and all in one beautiful packet! The prints were beautiful and the included booklet had great info on each piece along with background info about Van Gogh’s life. We also utilized the suggested reading list and checked out one of the books on Van Gogh from the library and read it as a family. My kids (and I!) enjoyed interacting with this artist and his artwork and I’m looking forward to ordering more portfolios! Thank you for making this so easy!
Love this series! I hope you come out with many more!! 🙂