No products in the cart.
Picture Study Portfolios: Turner
$11.95 – $21.95
Everything you need to do art appreciation, all gathered into one beautiful package: gorgeous art prints, an artist biography, information on the pictures, and more! (Grades 1–12) See full description →
Make art appreciation simple and beautiful!
Everything you need to successfully do picture study is in this easy-to-use portfolio. Just one 15-minute lesson once a week is all it takes to spread this feast and cultivate within your children an appreciation for what is just, true, and beautiful.
“We cannot measure the influence that one or another artist has upon the child’s sense of beauty, upon his power of seeing, as in a picture, the common sights of life; he is enriched more than we know in having really looked at even a single picture.”—Charlotte Mason
This Picture Study Portfolio contains
- Full-color works—Eight beautiful pictures by Turner are included, so you have freedom to choose your six favorites. These convenient art prints come on 8.5″ x 11″ UV coated card stock for fade resistance and durability.
- A Picture Study handbook specific to Turner—With the Picture Study handbook, you will have everything you need for successful picture study gathered into one place in an easy-to-use format.
- Inspiration—Charlotte Mason’s own words about why and how to do picture study.
- How To Use—A simple 5-step plan to follow at your own pace.
- Artist Biography—A short, living biography about Turner, appropriate for all ages.
- Recommended Reading List—An annotated list of suggested books for optional further study, with age-level recommendations.
- Leading Thoughts—Interesting additional information and ideas that will invite more discussion about each picture included in the portfolio.
- Specifics—Helpful information about the sizes, current locations, and creation dates of the original works of art. Great for informal size comparisons, geography relations, and Book of Centuries entries.
- A Sturdy Portfolio Envelope—The attractive 10″ x 13″ envelope keeps your art prints and handbook protected, organized, and easy to store!
- The Burning of the Houses of Parliament
- The Fighting Téméraire Tugged to Her Last Berth to be Broken Up
- Rain, Steam, Speed: The Great Western Railway
- Fishermen at Sea
- Grand Junction Canal at Southall Mill
- Calais Pier
- The Grand Canal
- Hannibal Crossing the Alps
If you would like each of your students to have his or her own copy of the art prints included in this Picture Study Portfolio, we have sets of extra prints available. Purchase ten or more sets and receive a 10% discount.
|Dimensions||10.25 × 13 × 0.31 in|
E-kit, Kit, Stapled
Grade 12, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 1
Enrichment Studies, Volume 2
This school year we are studying Pieter Breugel , Gustave Courbet and J.M.W.Turner, so I decided to try these art portfolios. I order the portfolio of Turner. I noticed immediately the quality. I printed my art paintings at office depot, etc.. I get always a disappointment for the lack of light and truthfulness of the pictures. I don’t see Breugel or Courbet portfolios, 🙁 I wish I could order for this school year. For the school year 2020-2021 we are studying Rembrant, ‘Titian and Davinci. I will order here. Thanks!
I am sorry I did not express myself correctly above. I just wanted to say that these portfolios have very good quality and If found the artist I am looking for here, I will never try to print on my own. The pictures came very very nice!! thanks