Study Biblical and ancient history together as a family!
This handbook walks you through the accounts of Adam to Moses, including a study of Ancient Egypt so students will get a picture of the world Joseph and Moses lived in. It details Scripture passages, living books, Book of Centuries entries, narration ideas, geography ideas, additional assignments for older students, and optional hands-on activities to help you save time and foster learning for all your students.
Please Note: This edition uses the Oxford First Ancient History book in several of its lessons. That book has gone out of print. We have available a revised third edition of lesson plans for those who cannot get or do not want to use the Oxford book. The new edition incorporates Ancient Egypt and Her Neighbors, features new geography lessons, and includes other suggestions from our readers. We will continue to make this older second edition available as an electronic download, so you will be able to use whichever set of lesson plans works best for your family.
If you would like to use this older second edition of lesson plans but substitute Ancient Egypt and Her Neighbors in place of the Oxford book, here are some suggestions for that possibility.
This second edition of the Genesis through Deuteronomy & Ancient Egypt study recommends these SCM resources:
- Ancient Egypt and Her Neighbors is the alternate Family read-aloud that can easily replace the now-out-of-print Oxford First Ancient History listed in the lesson plans
- Boy of the Pyramids (grades 1–3)
- Letters from Egypt (grades 3–12)
- Jashub’s Journal: An Old Testament Law Story and Bible Study (grades 7–12)
- Discovering Doctrine: A Personal Bible Study (grades 7–12)