Make the Old Testament Law come alive!
Jashub’s Journal: An Old Testament Law Story, is a living book about God’s wise laws given in Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers. Join Jashub and his family and friends as they settle into an abandoned Canaanite village during the final days of Joshua and learn to resolve their everyday disputes and situations according to God’s good Law.
The included Bible Study adds another dimension as it pauses the story, directs the student to applicable Bible passages, and challenges him to determine what God’s Law says the townspeople should do in the given situations. The student then returns to the Jashub’s Journal story to check his answers.
- Living—Makes the Old Testament times and the Mosaic Law come alive!
- Biblical—Encourages your student to read the Bible and narrate what it says.
- Easy to Use—Transitions easily between the Bible Study and the Jashub’s Journal story with clear instructions.
- Thought-provoking—Emphasizes and encourages students to consider why God’s laws are wise.
- Versatile—Read the story and do the Bible study all together as a family or assign as independent work for students in grades 7–12.
- Recommended—Incorporated into the Genesis through Deuteronomy & Ancient Egypt history module.