Well, we’ve been holed up in the office for several weeks, but we’re pleased to announce that the dictation books we’ve been talking about and working on are complete! They’re called “Spelling Wisdom.” We thought that was a fitting title since the books teach spelling words using the wisdom of Charlotte Mason’s prepared dictation method combined with the wisdom presented in the wonderful excerpts and quotations used for the exercises.
This five-book series teaches the 6,000 most frequently used words in the English language, all contained in the writings of great men and women of history. We found some great gems to include: letters from Beethoven and Mozart, anecdotes about Michelangelo and Velazquez, speeches by Lincoln and Churchill, poetry by Wordsworth and Stevenson, excerpts from books by Dickens and Alcott, and much more — more than 170 quality sources in all! (And of course, we had to include Charlotte Mason quotations and excerpts from “Ourselves.”)
Now you can have the confidence that you’re teaching the words your student needs to know, using the superior method that Charlotte endorsed. Be sure to learn more about Spelling Wisdom and download a free 20-page sample while you’re visiting our site.
PS: For those of you who like numbers, here are some interesting facts about Spelling Wisdom:
- 5 books in the series
- 140 dictation exercises in each book
- 700 dictation exercises in all
- Compiled from more than 170 quality sources
- 6,000 most frequently used words in the English language included
- Plus 6,500 bonus words
- More than 12,500 words taught in the series
- 955 pages in the series
- 10 software applications involved in the creating
- 4 computers and 2 computer platforms used
- 200 Cokes consumed during the process