Make your child’s adventure with Jack and Maggie even more exciting!
Now you can expand on the adventures described in the living science book Jack’s Insects. In this comprehensive Narration & Nature Study Notebook you will find leading narration questions, pre-screened websites and book suggestions, plus lots of nature study ideas that correspond with the chapters in Jack’s Insects.
Book List for Jack’s Insects Narration and Nature Study Notebook
Click on the Book List tab to see a full list of the resources needed for these lesson plans.
In this self-directed study, your child will
- Recall more details about each episode.—The leading narration questions encourage the student to give a full retelling of what took place in each chapter of Jack’s Insects.
- Learn more about the insects in the book.—We recommend several interesting and pre-screened websites and books to encourage your student to develop his own relation with each insect he reads about.
- Discover the insects in his own neighborhood.—A handy master insect list, insect-watching and drawing tips, and plenty of drawing pages make this notebook a great tool for corresponding nature study.
- Work at his own pace.—Flexible lessons allow your student to read, narrate, research, and discover more about Jack’s Insects during one term or a full year. It’s your choice.
- Create a personal record of his science studies.—With the Jack’s Insects Narration & Nature Study Notebook, your student’s narrations, research, and nature study notes are all collected and organized in an attractive notebook to treasure for years to come.