Free shipping on USA orders over $129!
A Thinking Love (free e-book)
A free e-book that explores what mothers should carefully weigh and consider if they are to give their children what Charlotte Mason called “a thinking love.” See full description
Mothers owe their children a thinking love.
In the very first pages of her book, Home Education, Charlotte Mason challenged mothers to give their children a “thinking love.”
It’s easy to give our children an indulgent love that caters to their every whim. Or a lazy love that follows the crowd and does what is easiest. But giving them a thinking love requires some effort.
Join Sonya Shafer as she explores what “a thinking love” means and contemplates the various ways that Charlotte Mason encouraged thinking mothers to show their love to their children.
- Encouraging—The short, practical chapters will both challenge and equip you in your role as a thinking mother, dealing with topics like
- The need for boundaries in our children’s lives,
- Teaching our children the meaning of must,
- A reminder of some simple laws of health,
- A description of true education,
- A caution against playing favorites,
- Giving our children the best of Mother,
- Dealing with faults,
- Encouraging our children’s relationships with God,
- And more!
- Christian—As was common in her writings, Charlotte’s comments grew from a strong love for her Savior and respect for God’s Word.
- Inspiring—More than seventy Charlotte Mason quotes on different aspects of being a thinking mother.
We hope you will enjoy this free e-book. Stop back and let us know what you think by leaving a comment.