Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
The Swedish Drill Teacher (free e-book)
A free e-book that illustrates the technique of Swedish Drill that Charlotte Mason used in her schools for physical education, just in case you’re curious. See full description
Download this free e-book, The Swedish Drill Teacher.
Charlotte Mason wrote about using Swedish Drill as part of her physical education program for her students. But what is Swedish Drill and how does it work? The details are hard to find.
We finally came across a great book, The Swedish Drill Teacher, originally published in 1910, now out-of-print and in public domain. Though it is definitely a textbook (which we don’t usually endorse), it contains the most comprehensive how-to instructions of any book we have seen on the subject.
So we scanned its pages and compiled the files into an e-book that we could make available to everyone. If you’re curious what Swedish Drill looks like, download this free e-book and you’ll find out
- What the goals of Swedish Drill are,
- How to do the exercises properly (including diagrams and photographs),
- How to combine various exercises to prepare your own Swedish Drill lesson,
- The best way to progress from warm-ups to final exercises,
- Hints on teaching the exercises and leading a Swedish Drill lesson,
- Ideas to make Swedish Drill fun for young children.
Note: Fitness understanding has changed a lot since 1910. We are offering this book as a way for you to see what Swedish Drill was like, not necessarily as a prescription of what you should do. As always, use your discretion when following the advice in this book.
We hope you will enjoy this free e-book. Stop back and let us know what you think by leaving a comment.