Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
Make geography come alive through the delightful combination of maps and living books!
With Visits to the Middle East, you will explore geography through captivating photography, a traveler’s firsthand accounts, and step-by-step work with maps.
This Visits to the Middle East notebook serves as your guide to
- see the big picture as you explore the Middle East.
- become familiar with the countries of the world and where they are located.
- get to know real families who live in those countries and see what their lives are like.
- look closely and carefully at the details of those families’ countries.
- create a personal map book.
With short map drills, guided readings from two fascinating living geography books—Material World and Hungry Planet: What the World Eats,—leading narration and discussion questions, meaningful map studies, plus lots of ideas for additional living books and activities, you are sure to enjoy these visits to the Middle East!
Book List for Visits to the Middle East
Optional Recommended Reading
Grades 1–3 or Family
- The Hungry Coat: A Tale from Turkey by Demi
- The Pearl Diver by Julia Johnson
- Saluki: Hound of the Bedouin by Julia Johnson
- Silent Music: A Story of Baghdad by James Rumford
- Waiting for the Owl’s Call by Gloria Whelan
- Mosque by David Macaulay
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × .54 in|
Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 1, Grade 12, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8
Joshua through Malachi & Ancient Greece