Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
A feast of stories from World History!
Mr. Morris’s narratives, originally published in 1901, make you feel as if you are listening to a kindly grandfather recounting tales from the past. And now Lorene Lambert has brought this history up to date by adding more living narratives. This delightful book will introduce to your child famous people and events that occurred in the nations around the world. Volume 1 presents stories from Queen Elizabeth through Garibaldi (1550–1850).
- Delightful Living Book—In a captivating yet gentle style, the people and events of world history are unfolded in true stories about their day.
- Interesting to the Whole Family—Though addressed to young readers, Mr. Morris’s grandfatherly story-telling pleasantly attracts and educates any age.
- Easy to Narrate—Both authors paint pictures with their words that make it easy to see with your mind’s eye, and narrations naturally flow from those mental pictures.
- Leisurely Pace—These little history books invite you to take your time meandering through world history and enjoy other living books of the time period as well without worrying about fitting everything into your year.
- Natural Geography—The stories often refer the reader to the historical maps in the back of the book to naturally connect geography to the events and people of whom you are reading.
- Recommended—Listed as a suggested resource in the SCM Curriculum Guide as the World History spine book for Early Modern times
Looking for American history? Check out America: Our Stories, Volume 1.
Ready-to-Go Narration Prompts
These Narration Notecards give you customized, interesting narration prompts for each chapter of Stories of the Nations, Volume 1, plus a word bank of people, places, dates, and vocabulary to help with spelling and details.
- $8.95 – $11.95
|Dimensions||8.5 × 5.5 × .44 in|
E-book, Trade Paper
Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6
Early Modern & Epistles