7 for $7 sale for Lamplighter dramatic audios and e-books through Thursday night only!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What age do you think is a good age to start reading or listening to these stories?

danceandbeglad
    Participant

chocodog: The ebooks (in .mobi format) can be downloaded to your computer and then uploaded to your kindle by dragging them into your kindle icon when it’s connected to your computer, making sure they are then drug into the Kindle’s “documents” folder.  If you want to put the audios on your kindle, once you have downloaded them, just drag them into your kindle the same way, but put them into the “music” folder.  Then you can access them through the Kindle’s mp3 player-mine is found in menu option “experimental” as I have a Kindle Touch. I’m not really that technical, but I HTH! 

And Christie, thanks for the heads up on Hedge Of Thorns. We’ve only read the abridged, illustrated version and my younger kids love it but I didn’t really think about how the audio may go into greater depth concerning his sisters injuries..maybe we’ll just listen with ds12 tonight instead! 

Leah (always forget to add my real name!)

chocodog
    Participant

Thanks danceandbeglad.- i was wondering how to do it. I hope I can do it right. I will have to do it at the Library tomorrow. I hope all goes well.  

have a blessed day!

danceandbeglad
    Participant

andream,

If you go to the Lamplighter homepage and choose “Best For The Ages”, you can see several lists of their books organized by age, and a brief synopsis of each.  http://www.lamplighterpublishing.com

Lesley Letson
    Participant

thanks!

Des
    Participant

How would I get these on a Kindle Fire?  Thanks

Des
    Participant

anybody know how to get these on the Kindle fire?  Thanks

MelissaB
    Participant

This is a really ignorant question because I’m not computer savvy, can I buy the MP3 file and burn them to a CD so we can listen to them in the car as a family?

danceandbeglad
    Participant

MelissaB: Each mp3 file appears to be small enough to burn as a regular audio cd. Some of the audio dramas have up to 3 files, so up to 3 discs may have to be burned if using the audio format. Does that make sense?!

des: Can’t say for sure, but my guess is the same process I mentioned earlier would work for the fire.

MelissaB
    Participant

Thank you – I figured out I can download to iTunes and burn from there. So not techy here. 🙂

LDIMom
    Participant

Thanks for this link! I just ordered the audio books. I have a technical question.

These are HUGE files. Do you all keep them on your computer? Or do you get them onto a CD and delete the files? I am thinking they are way too large to keep on the computer.

Thanks danceandbeglad. This is an amazing deal!!!

thepinkballerina
    Participant

My dh said the files really aren’t that big. They are on our Apple PC.

Wings2fly
    Participant

I don’t think they are such huge files in the mp3 format. they are taking a very long time to download because they are so busy with this great deal. I plan to burn them to an mp3 disc that holds up to 700 MB, so I should be able to put 3 to 4 stories on one disc. My cd player is the kind that will play mp3 format discs. But I will also keep them on my computer as a backup.

MelissaB
    Participant

I just ordered! My kids love Adventures in Odyssey, so I figured that they will love this as well.

Claire
    Participant

We aren’t a family who uses a kindle or reader of any kind.  The feel of paper between the fingers – that’s us.  In fact we had to print our MM download bc we couldn’t stand “reading” it on the computer.  Having said all that …. would these be so great we’d love them and change our ways?  Audio books or ebooks?  What selection would you buy for 9 and 11 year olds?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘7 for $7 sale for Lamplighter dramatic audios and e-books through Thursday night only!’ is closed to new replies.