2013 – 2014 Curriculum Blog Series

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Christie, you are my hero. Oh my goodness — THANK YOU for the files! I’ve just downloaded into excel and it’s beautiful, no formatting issues that I can see at all at this point.

This is really taking planning and accountability to a wonderful new level; I can’t thank you enough. I am also truly sorry to hear of your struggles with energy and sleep, I cannot imagine how hard that must be. I am happy for you though, that you have made such a masterpiece here with your time in the front of the computer; your homeschool will run beautifully this year with your amazing plan in hand.

And hey, I happened to recall you are using Homeschool Planet this year. Is the idea that your hardcopy planner gets placed into homeschool planet as well, so the kids can “check off” electronically as well as in the hardcopy planner?

Blessings, Angie

missceegee
    Participant

Actually, dd12 wanted to ditch Homeschool Planet and use my homemade binder. She was the only one interested in a computer something. So it’s binders and no computers for everyone. It works for me. BTW, I’d never do both as it’s double work!

TailorMade
    Participant

Ok. I’m sad to say I’ve been living in perpetual paper planner kindergarten! Thanks for posting this video. It gives me a goal for next year. You’re awesome!

RobinP
    Participant

Wonderful, helpful posts, Christie! I’ve been putting off that Proclick binder. I really must treat myself to that one.

missceegee
    Participant

@Robin, I LOVE my binder!!! My only wish is that I could get smaller quantities of pro-click spines and spirals, especially spirals. I would like a variety of sizes on hand, but not 100 of each! Glad the posts are helpful.

LindseyD
    Participant

Love your posts, Christie! And I’m going to make up some character evaluation charts for us too! Love that idea!

Michelle
    Participant

I’ve loved looking at your posts! I’m a planner, too. However, it seems I need to hang out at your “place” for awhile and learn a couple of things! This is our first year so I’m constantly messing with my forms to make them more usable. Of course, my oldest is 5 so I’m the only one using them! I’ve bookmarked your video for future use. Hopefully, it will still be around when I need it!

Thanks for sharing! (I’ve never heard of the Proclick binder…I must check it out now!)

missceegee
    Participant

Michelle, I’ve made a ridiculous number of charts and forms over the years, but the Lord is teaching me that simple is enough. I”ll post my dd6’s schedule soon. 

LindseyD
    Participant

Christie (and others), I took your chart/self-evaluation page and ran with it for the specific habits we’re going to work on this year from LDTRFC. Just wanted to share!

http://todayindietzville.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-were-going-to-work-on-habits-this.html

Rakhel
    Participant

I need this. I need help getting going. All I’ve used until now is Rod & Staff so this is a Big Change for me. I sure am excited about it though! 🙂

TailorMade
    Participant

Christie, if I remember correctly from reading/watching earlier today, you mentioned that you’ll add to Super Star’s planner as the year happens/as needed. Am I right remembering it being spiral bound? If so, how will you be able to add to it, other than using the page protector(s)? I thought the spines had to be used in order to add to it?

Long day at the Dr’s office may have me confused.

missceegee
    Participant

Hi TailorMade – I used the Pro-click spines for the planners. That way, I can add the Term 2 and 3 Weekly checklists AND samples of copywork, written narrations, math, pictures from our school year etc. I will likely switch it to a spiral at year’s end for long term keeping.

TailorMade
    Participant

Whew. I don’t know why I thought it was already in a spiral. makes so much sense now.

You’ve motivated me to do some slight alterations for my children’s planners. They will likely be less elaborate than yours, but I think they will help them be more independent over time.

Thanks for all you share with the rest of us!

Blessings,

Becca<><

Michelle
    Participant

Are you still planning to post your dd6 plan? Just curious…;) I would love to see since this is our first year.

missceegee
    Participant

Will do so tonight or tomorrow!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘2013 – 2014 Curriculum Blog Series’ is closed to new replies.