2013 – 2014 Curriculum Blog Series

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I intended to write a brief blog about our plans for the coming year. Well, it will have to be a series because I got too wordy and too tired. In case you’re interested, you can see the first post here. Consider it a preface or an introduction or an appetizer or, well, you get the idea. 

I hope to share each child’s curriculum, our planner/assignment books, photos of our school room in coming posts. I’m always interested in those types of posts, so I thought maybe someone else would be, too. 

Amber
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Christie. I’m looking forward to your other posts.

Wings2fly
    Participant

Yes, thank you.

HollyS
    Participant

I love reading those type of posts as well…especially from other CM HSers!  Thanks for sharing!

TailorMade
    Participant

Love your blog, Christie! I look forward to reading your installments.

Angelina
    Participant

Ditto…Love your blog, Christie! You are so warm and full of such great info; thanks so much for being so generous in sharing and in putting forth such an amazing effort despite not always feeling well. Getting a blog for my family/our homeschool life has been in the back of mind, and on the lower end of my to-do list, for a while now…you have really inspired me to just get going on it!

Tristan
    Participant

Well hurry up and post the rest already…LOL! I love seeing how each family fits homeschooling to their lives.

blue j
    Participant

Nice blog post, Christie. Smile I needed this today.  I read this at a time when I am considering creating my own blog yet hesitate because of some of the same issues you list and the fear of doing it poorly.  Your warning about frustration of perpetual planning is now ringing in my ears as well, so I guess I’ll go pull out the items I hadn’t nailed down completely but was going to plan the rest a bit at a time.

missceegee
    Participant

Thanks for the nice feedback. 

I just posted Part Two – my ds9’s curriculum plan. 

Rebekahy
    Participant

Underachiever.   Wink

Angelina
    Participant

Ah! All I’ve read is the warning and I’m already full of smiles…going to get comfy and learn all about Superstar…how lucky for me that I have a ds 8.5 and a ds 10…can’t wait to steal all your great ideas, Christie. Thanks again for sharing!

Rebekahy
    Participant

Oh, for heaven’s sake – I just watched the video of your son’s school plan.  That’s amazing – I’m SO GLAD that my husband hasn’t seen it!  Sheesh – I just tried to impress him with the resources we’re using this semester printed out from the CMO.  I do have a planning binder, but mine is nothing original – it’s everything I get from the internet, printed out with my notes scribbled on the side and certain things highlighted.   LOL!  Side note- I LOVE your voice, it is so soothing and kind.  and just WOW, wow, wow, wow… wow.  WOW!

Angelina
    Participant

I think Rebekahy and I are on the same path tonight 🙂 I’ll add another WOW!

LOVED the video Christie and your ideas in the yearly planner book are just fantastic. I just adore the fact that you put so much child-led accountability into your system. My DS10 would eat this up! I also love that your copywork selection process is so systematic and organized. I also love that you’ve built the whole thing in a way that means you have a portfolio at the end of the year.

So I’m just wondering when Florida moved to the 36 hour day that enabled you to put this together, AND blog about it, AND video it! And all this right after you hosted an SCM conference. You BETTER have dirty bathrooms and piles of laundry! LOL. Well done, Mama Christie!

missceegee
    Participant

Part Three – Simply File Links

@Rebekay – You are so sweet and crack me up. I just typed up some organized charts and checklists. I’m good at that, remember. Wink I like that I have a ready made planner for the whole year. All I have to do each term is tweak the weekly checklist. I will save that simple task in case we want to vary the order of anything. 

@Angelina – I hope it’s helpful.

missceegee
    Participant

@Angelina – all I currently have energy for is sitting and I’m very good at this kind of thing. I also don’t sleep terribly well, so I often have an extra hour or two that I’m on the computer when I should be asleep, but can’t. Most chores are current EXCEPT managing my home library and my disasterous desk, but I have a helping hubby and 2.5 very helpful kids. The other 1.5 are still in training and often cause more work. Laughing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘2013 – 2014 Curriculum Blog Series’ is closed to new replies.