Host your own DVD Charlotte Mason seminar in your area. It’s easy!
Maybe you live in an area where we haven’t scheduled a seminar yet. Or perhaps you would just like to share some good Charlotte Mason homeschooling help with your friends or local group.
Well, now you can host your own seminar on DVD. We supply seminar notebooks for each person, a suggested schedule, ideas and tips, and public showing permission—everything you need. Well, except the snacks.
Here’s how it works.
Step 1: Choose a day, or series of evenings, that will work best for your group.
Step 2: Choose a location that will be comfortable and have the equipment to play the DVDs.
Step 3: Let everyone know about the event and how they can sign up for it.
Step 4: Collect payment from everyone who has signed up to come. (Remember to charge a little extra to cover shipping and any other expenses you might have.)
Step 5: Order your materials from SCM, whether the All-Day Charlotte Mason Seminar or the Books & Things Seminar. Try to allow at least ten days for processing and shipping. We want to make sure your seminar materials get to you in plenty of time for your event!
It’s that easy to enjoy your own DVD Seminar with friends!
The SCM all-day seminars usually cost $35–$39 to attend live. If you would like to show the DVD presentation to your group, just $8 per person will give you the notebooks for your attendees plus public performance rights.
DVD Seminar Tips
- Order Extra Notebooks.
Quite often someone will ask at the last minute to be included in the seminar day. If you order a couple of extra notebooks, you will be able to welcome that last-minute guest graciously and provide her with her own notebook.
- Think Flexible Scheduling.
You don’t have to fit the whole seminar into one day. For example, you could take several evenings to watch the various sessions. You might watch one Session per evening and discuss it.
Another possibility would be to schedule several showings to several small groups. If only a handful of guests can come on a certain day, you might arrange to show the entire DVD Seminar on several days to try to accommodate varying schedules.
Or you could simply host one all-day event. We’ve found that a schedule something like the one below works well for an all-day seminar.
9:00–9:15—Welcome, Overview of Day’s Events, Introductions
9:15–10:00—Session 1 with Q&A or Discussion
10:30–12:00—Session 2 with Q&A or Discussion
1:00–2:30—Session 3 with Q&A or Discussion
3:00–4:00—Session 4 with Q&A or Discussion
- Provide a Comfortable Setting.
If you think through these details ahead of time, your guests will be able to concentrate on the seminar.
- Chairs—Comfortable, full-size chairs work best. Remember, you will all be sitting on these chairs for several hours.
- Room temperature—Try to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. If you see some women fanning themselves or removing their sweaters, adjust the temperature as needed.
- Seeing and hearing—Make sure everyone in the room is able to see the screen and hear the DVD.
- Adequate restroom facilities—If you have several women at your seminar, the restroom will get a workout during the break times. Make sure you have adequate facilities for the number of your guests. Check the restroom often to make sure it is well-stocked with hand towels and toilet paper.
- Refreshments—Provide cold bottled water for your guests. They will appreciate your thoughtfulness. If you would like to do more, feel free to share other beverages or snacks too. Coffee, tea, fruit, doughnuts, trail mix—the possibilities are endless.
- Have Fun!
We have found that when several homeschool moms get together, creativity abounds! So use your imagination to make your event something that you and your guests will enjoy. We know of one group of ladies who each brought a dish for a Mexican fiesta lunch!
Do whatever will refresh and rejuvenate. We all need times of energizing. And a DVD Seminar can be just the event to stir up some new ideas, share some new possibilities, and introduce some new friends. Have fun!
Share the Fun
We would love to hear about your DVD seminar! Feel free to leave comments and post photos on our SCM Facebook page for all to enjoy.