It’s easy to host a Laying Down the Rails DVD event for your group!
What You Will Need
All you need is the Laying Down the Rails DVD, or Disc 6 from the Learning and Living 12-DVD set. We are happy to grant public performance rights for this stand-alone video at no extra charge. If you like, you can also download and print a free handout for each participant.
- Print Extra Handouts.
Quite often someone will ask at the last minute to be included. If you print a couple of extra handouts, you will be able to welcome that last-minute guest graciously and provide her with her own handout.
- Provide a Comfortable Setting.
If you think through these details ahead of time, your guests will be able to concentrate on the seminar.
- Chairs—Comfortable, full-size chairs work best. Remember, you will all be sitting on these chairs for the entire event.
- Room temperature—Try to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. If you see some women fanning themselves or removing their sweaters, adjust the temperature as needed.
- Seeing and hearing—Make sure everyone in the room is able to see the screen and hear the DVD.
- Adequate restroom facilities—If you have several women at your seminar, the restroom will get a workout during the break times. Make sure you have adequate facilities for the number of your guests. Check the restroom often to make sure it is well-stocked with hand towels and toilet paper.
- Refreshments—Provide cold bottled water for your guests. They will appreciate your thoughtfulness. If you would like to do more, feel free to share other beverages or snacks too. Coffee, tea, fruit, doughnuts, trail mix—the possibilities are endless.
- Have Fun!
We have found that when several homeschool moms get together, creativity abounds! So use your imagination to make your event something that you and your guests will enjoy. We know of one group of ladies who each brought a dish for a Mexican fiesta lunch!
Do whatever will refresh and rejuvenate. We all need times of energizing. And a DVD event can be just the thing to stir up some new ideas, share some new possibilities, and introduce some new friends. Have fun!
Share the Fun
We would love to hear about your DVD event! Feel free to leave comments and post photos on our SCM Facebook page for all to enjoy.