Help your student grow in language arts skills through great literature!
The Using Language Well, Book 2, Teacher Guide & Answer Key provides clear answers to every question in the Using Language Well, Book 2, Student Book, but it also gives you so much more! You will find helpful and thorough explanations sprinkled throughout the lessons to encourage you in the Charlotte Mason way of doing language arts, plus a step-by-step plan to help your student grow in composition through his narrations. All the practical tools you need to evaluate his writing are included.
The Teacher Guide & Answer Key will help you
- Quickly confirm what your student learned in the Student Book through guided discovery and great literature.
- Keep on track with helpful teaching tips and practical reminders based on Charlotte Mason’s methods.
- Encourage your student to improve naturally in composition skills step by step.
- Evaluate your student’s narrations with confidence using the included rubrics and detailed instructions.
- Be assured your student is growing in language arts skills with Charlotte’s simple yet effective methods!
Each book in the Using Language Well series is designed to last for two years. We recommend Book 2 for fifth and sixth grades.
Using Language Well Teacher Guide & Answer Key, Book 2
- Provides all of the answers to the lessons.
- Gives helpful and practical teaching tips to keep you on track.
- Includes a Teacher Refresher Course in case it’s been a while since you reviewed the parts of speech.
- Details how to use prepared dictation for spelling lessons.
- Reminds you to have your student write one or two narrations each week from his history, geography, Bible, or science reading.
- Supplies a set of 5 rubrics and detailed instructions to help you evaluate written narrations and track your student’s progress in composition.
- Presents a complete list of English grammar points that are covered in Book 2, as well as the English grammar, usage, capitalization, and punctuation points that are reviewed from Book 1.
The Using Language Well Teacher Guide is nonconsumable and reusable.
All Using Language Well books build upon previous ones and include English, grammar, and writing points. Each book serves a unique role in the series.
Book 1—Basic Capitalization, Punctuation, and Usage
Contractions • Sentences • Plurals • Possessives • Synonyms, Antonyms, Homonyms • Capitalization • Punctuation • Alphabetizing • Prefixes and Suffixes
Book 2—Parts of Speech
Nouns • Pronouns • Adjectives • Verbs • Adverbs • Interjections • Articles • Conjunctions • Prepositions
Book 3—Sentence Analysis
Subjects • Predicates • Subject Complements • Verbals • Phrases • Clauses • Introduction to Poetry Analysis
Book 4—Composition Sharpening
Book 5—Advanced Composition (optional)