Enhance your Bible lessons with beautiful artwork!
In Home Education, Charlotte Mason suggested that parents give their children reverent pictures to look at—art that illustrates the Bible stories read from Scripture.
Everything you need to present enjoyable Bible lessons to students of all ages (even adults!) is included in these lovely portfolios. Share these beautiful works in a school Bible class, family devotions, or Sunday School.
This Bible picture portfolio contains
- Eight high-quality, full-color works by master artists depicting scenes from the parables of Christ. These convenient art prints come on 8.5″ x 11″ UV coated card stock for fade resistance and durability.
- A Bible lesson handbook specific to the parables of Christ. With this handbook you will have everything you need for successful Bible lessons gathered into one place in an easy-to-use format.
- Simple step-by-step instructions for using the pictures in a Bible lesson
- The corresponding Bible passages that go with the pictures (both ESV and KJV are included)
- Interesting background information on each artist
- Helpful Leading Thoughts that add more detail about each picture and invite discussion
- Handy cross-references to related works in other portfolios from Simply Charlotte Mason
- An attractive and sturdy portfolio envelope (10″ x 13″) that keeps your art prints and handbook protected, organized, and easy to store!
- The Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30–37) — The Good Samaritan (After Delecroix) by Vincent van Gogh
- The Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11–32) — The Return of the Prodigal Son by Rembrandt van Rijn
- The Parable of the Sower (Mark 4:1–20; also in Matthew 13:3–23 and Luke 8:4–15) — The Sower by Jean-Francois Millet
- The Parable of the Laborers in the Vineyard (Matthew 20:1–16) — Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard by Jacob Willemsz. De Wet
- The Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19–31) — The Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus by the Workshop of Domenico Fetti
- The Parable of the Ten Virgins (Matthew 25:1–13) — The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins by William Blake
- The Parable of the Hidden Treasure (Matthew 13:44) — Parable of the Hidden Treasure by Rembrandt van Rijn (possibly Gerrit Dou)
- The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant (Matthew 18:23–35) — Parable of the Wicked Servant by Domenico Fetti
If you would like each of your students to have his or her own copy of the art prints included in this Bible Picture Portfolio, we have sets of extra prints available. Purchase ten or more sets and receive a 10% discount.