Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
What types of history books are you reading for family time that would emcompass all ages? I’m looking for recommendations for post Civil War-current specifically; I think that is the point at which I can bring everyone together for a group history time. Right now we have children spread all over the time line but do not want to just stop what they are doing because it is valuable.
The Sower series (Christian) biographies might work well for that purpose. I put together a list of the ones I could find at Christian Book Distributors and their corresponding dates for my own use. I’ll paste it below in case it might help. Looks like you could start in around David Livingstone and following.
- Christopher Columbus 1451-1506
- Johannes Kepler 1571-1630
- Robert Boyle 1627-1691
- Isaac Newton 1642-1727
- Susanna Wesley 1669-1742
- George Frideric Handel 1685-1759
- George Washington 1732-1799
- Abigail Adams 1744-1818
- Noah Webster 1758-1843
- Johnny Appleseed 1774-1845
- Francis Scott Key 1779-1843
- Daniel Webster 1782-1852
- Samuel F. B. Morse 1791-1872
- Robert E. Lee 1807-1870
- Samuel Francis Smith 1808-1895
- Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865
- David Livingstone 1813-1873
- Florence Nightingale 1820-1910
- Louis Pasteur 1822-1895
- Stonewall Jackson 1824-1863
- William Jennings Bryan 1860-1925
- Billy Sunday 1862-1935
- George Washington Carver 1865-1943
- The Wright Brothers 1867-1948
- Teresa of Calcutta 1910-1997
- Mahalia Jackson 1911-1972
Thank you, Sonya, I’ll give some of these a go.
- The topic ‘Selections for all ages’ is closed to new replies.