2020/2021 Curriculum & Planning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We are relaxed Charlotte Mason-esque homeschoolers. This current year ended up being our most relaxed year but we moved rather quickly and unexpectedly, so it’s to be expected.

I will have a 2nd, 3rd and 5th grader.

Together

WriteShop C/E Art, Nature Study

Tea & Books: covers poetry, geography, history, science, nature study, Shakespeare

Grade 2

Singapore Primary Math

All About Spelling

Copywork

Independent Reading

Coding

Grade 3

CTC Math

Copywork & Dictation

Independent Reading

Typing

Grade 5

CTC Math

Copywork & Dictation & FixIt Grammar

Reading & Written Narrations

Draw Your World & Knitting

Tristan
    Participant

I always love these posts. It is so fun to see the possibilities! We will be nearing our second decade of homeschooling. The oldest will be a college sophomore, then I have kids who will start the fall at ages 15, 14, 12, 11, 9, 8, 7, 4, 2. (Most of those have fall birthdays and will quickly move up in age, but there you have it.)

Group Subjects

History (everyone) – The Good and the Beautiful History 3, with great literature to read alongside it.

High School Science (9th and 10th grader)- Exploring the World of Astronomy and Exploring the World of Chemistry by Tiner, plus Chemistry 101 DVDs.

Jr. Science (7th grade and under kids) – Units from The Good and the Beautiful. I have a stack of them, we’ll choose as we go.

Culinary Arts and Nutrition: This is an elective my high schoolers will do together.

Individual Subjects by grade: (A note – The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts courses include reading, writing, grammar, geography, art, picture study, spelling/sentence dictation, and more.)

10th grader: Math U See Geometry, The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts Level 7, Piano, plus one more elective he is still deciding on.

9th grader: Math U See Geometry, The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts Level 7, Drawing, plus one more elective she is still deciding on.

7th grader: Math U See Algebra 1, The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts Level 6.

6th grader: Math U See Zeta, The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts Level 4.

4th grader: Math U See Delta, The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts Level 2.

3rd grader: The Good and the Beautiful Math 3, The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts Level 3.

2nd grader: The Good and the Beautiful Math 2, The Good and the Beautiful Language Arts Level 1.

The 4 year old and 2 year old don’t have any academics. They play, listen to read alouds when they want to, and just enjoy being little. No hurry.

TiffanyS
    Participant

I agree with Tristan; these posts are always fun and inspiring to read. Thanks for posting & sharing. I will have a 5th grader & a 4 yr old. The little one sometimes likes to listen in on history and family read aloud time.

Together: 

Bible, Hist & Geog: SCM module 5 (Early Modern & Epistles); & family Bible time in Revelation & Daniel

Read aloud time (mom reads)

Modern Hebrew, Poetry, Composer & Picture Studies for enrichment

Outdoor/Nature time & CM Science via living books (we choose three science topics/units per yr)

5th Grade:

Shiller Math Bk 5

LA: All About Spelling 4, Simply Grammar, Story Starters & Cursive handwriting via copywork & dictation

Drawing time via various learn to draw books

Individual reading time (for fun or science & history assignments)

Pre-K:

Kumon cutting book, coloring/drawing, watercolor paints, dot markers…

Mom reads aloud (fairy tales, classics; age appropriate)

Tracing letters & activities via dry erase activity books when she asks for her, “home school lesson”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2020/2021 Curriculum & Planning’ is closed to new replies.