13 and 9 to old for Laying the Rails for Children?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am wondering if this resource would be of any benefit to my children. My 9 year old would probably be fine, but would my soon to be 13 year old get anything out of it? If not, can anyone recommend anything else?

pslively
    Participant

My husband and I are both benefitting from it, and we are slightly over 13. 🙂 The books don’t have an age bracket, in my opinion. They are not childish.

If you want something more for your older boy, you could buy “Plants Grown Up” and have him work on things from whatever section coordinates with your LDTR habit. You can find used copies pretty inexpensively on Amazon. Or perhaps some books from Bob Schultz. Or JC Ryle’s “Thoughts for Young Men”. In our family, those would be in addition to LDTR, not instead of. LDTR should be done by the whole family together.

4myboys
    Participant

Thanks! Yep, dh and I are slightly over 13 as well and could benefit from a little habit training ourselves. Glad to hear they are not childish. I have Boyhood and Beyond that I would like him to do this year, maybe once a week. Thanks for the tip on Plants Grown Up, as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘13 and 9 to old for Laying the Rails for Children?’ is closed to new replies.