106 days of creation studies

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We’re going to start 106 days of creation studies in May. I’ve been looking at the sample and the book list suggestions. I like to use our library catalog as much as I can inorder to cut costs. However, I was wondering if I were to buy a few books to go along with the study, which books would you recommend buying? Are there certain ones that you would use throughout the course of the study that would be a wise investment? Thanks for any suggestions

Sonya Shafer

I got most of those books from our library too. 🙂

My favorites that I have or would love to have in our home library are

Anybody else have favorites that they would recommend purchasing?

hvfth99

I really have enjoyed using the 100 Great Science Experiments book. I just saw it on Scholastic and plan to purchase it. We’ve done many of the demonstrations–they are really easy and my kids love doing them over and over. They are very user friendly for my kids–7 1/2 and 4–even though the study recommends them for the older students.

Faith 🙂

P.S. Sorry I didn’t link the book up–I have no clue how to do that!!!

ShannonS
    Participant

Hi-

I just purchased 106 Days of Creation Studies and I’m excited to get started! I was wondering what age you recommend using Considering God’s Creation? I know it says older children, but I was looking at some information about it and found varying age recommendations on different sites.

Thank you.

Shannon

hvfth99

I have a 7yo and we used it at my discretion. If it looks like an easy or fun activity, we’ll do it. If I feel that it will complicate the concept, we don’t. It’s very easy to adapt the lessons when you want to.

We’ve done a lot of the work with the human body this year, also, but again, I pick and choose what we do.

Faith 🙂

Sonya Shafer

When we did it, I used the Considering God’s Creation material with a 9yo and 11yo. Some of the activities, as Faith mentioned, our younger child (5 or 6yo) was able to join in on; others, only the older children did. But each child is different, so do what works best for you. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘106 days of creation studies’ is closed to new replies.