106 Days of Creation – older kids

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I love the idea of 106 Days of Creation and we love the SCM History modules because we like to study things as a family.  My kids are 13, 10, and 8.  My dd10 will be attending Montessori school in the fall, so I’ll just be HSing my boys (13 & 8).  I still want to use 106 Days, but think this may be harder with the age gap.

Could I follow the subject matter, but add in extra living books, writing assignments, etc. for my older son?  I figure I have one more year of flexibility w/ his Science before we has to start high school Biology, so I’d like to make it a creative year.  He tried Apologia General Science this fall and found it really boring, so we switched to The Story of Science books.  He’s not too keen on trying Apologia’s Physical Science, so thought this might be a good option.

Any thoughts?

Diana

Sonya Shafer

It seems like you could follow the basic outline of Creation Days and science topics, but you would need to add a lot more reading and assignments for a 13yo, I think. 

Have you thought about just having him read and narrate the living science books listed on the SCM Curriculum Guide for Physical Science? It wouldn’t be a family study, but he could narrate to the younger brother and get him interested in those scientists. And you could time his reading about geology to coincide with that part of 106 Days maybe.

dellos5

I like that idea!  He would be willing to do that.  Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘106 Days of Creation – older kids’ is closed to new replies.