106 Days of Creation and Genesis to Deut.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi Ladies,

I am so excited.  I got both of these Handbooks in today.  I do have a couple of practical questions.  Do any of you use these at the same time?  They both cover Genesis, obviously, so are they compatable?  Does it matter when you start one in relation to the other?  Thank you!

~ Cindie

jojo

HI im going to be using these together when we start on Monday, im wondering the same as you of when to start one in relation to the other so hoping someone will answer it for us.  I also had to say I LOVE these books!! blessings billiejo

Sonya Shafer

I would suggest you start them at the same time. You don’t have to, of course, but there wouldn’t be any harm in it.

The Genesis handbook spends two days reading the Creation account in Genesis 1 and 2 and asks for an oral narration. After those two lessons, you move on to the rest of the accounts in Genesis through Deuteronomy. 

In 106 Days the child draws an illustration of each day of Creation in lesson 1 then you start in studying more scientific aspects of what God created. So there wouldn’t be much overlap at all.

Does that help?

Cindie2dds

Yes, thank you, that helps me very much.  I wanted to use them at the same time, but I didn’t want to talk about the Bible from two different points in time and confuse them.  Knowing these were written to be used at the same time makes me even more excited!

~ Cindie

Cindie2dds

BillieJo,

I’m excited also!  I am trying to gather the suggested book list, plus a few of my own, and I plan to start closer to January.  I have had a lot of success finding the books used and in good condition via Amazon.  I wanted to also tell you if you get Cactus Hotel, it is HUGE!  I was shocked when it came in the mail the other day.  It’s probably 18 inches by 18 inches, just in case you didn’t already know.  It is an amazingly beautiful book, and I am very glad we have it.  I’m just not really sure where to put it.Laughing

~ Cindie

sigkapoli
    Participant

Cindie–we’re using them both at the same time and the kids are loving it!

friederike
    Participant

Hello, I am not able to get into any of the regular website only to the forum. I would like to download the 106 days. Is that a website problem or is that from my computer? Does anybosy else had that problem?

Friederike

Karen Smith

There was a problem with the main site that Doug has now fixed. All the links should work now.

Chantelle
    Participant

This is exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you!

lgeurink

We are finishing using them both together and I love it.  They are so compatible and even further into the books when we are not reading duplicate Bible passages there are nice conections.  We are studying the human body now and the Isrealites are wondering through the desert hungry and thirsty.  We were able to conect why they needed food (for energy to keep walking, fight the Amelkites) and what their senses were experiencing (eating the same food every day, living in the desert, listening to Moses).  Anyway, we have enjoyed it far more than I could have guessed.  I cannot say enough good things about both books and we are excited to move onto Mod 2 next year.  You obviously could do them seperately but they fit together and I found the overlap during the first week or two was a good and gentle way to start off the school year so they were not taking in as much new information at one time. 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘106 Days of Creation and Genesis to Deut.’ is closed to new replies.