106 Days for a 7th/8th grader

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am curious if anyone has used 106 Days for 7th/8th grade. I realize it is meant for 1-6 and that a General Science/Physical science course would ordinarily be recommended in those grades. We have always done science as a family.  Right now we are finishing up an Answers in Genesis curriculum for 1-8 grade. I will need something else soon amd I already have 106 days and Considering Gods Creation. I was thinking if I let her do the older assignments plus add corresponding readings it should be ok. I am reluctant to put her in the Apologia General course because it did not go well for my oldest. He really needed more time enjoying science before transitioning to a textbook. He is 9th now and doing Physical Science and it is going well. I plan to do the same with her. Skip General and let her do Physical on 9th. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for beefing it up just a bit.

thanks,

Crystal

catsurfinsd
    Participant

I’m sorry to see that there are no comments to this thread as this is precisely the question I have for this upcoming year. Did you go in this direction? How did things work out for you. I do NOT think my 7th grader will be able to handle Apologia General Science for junior high. We have a 2nd, 5th, and 7th grader all next year and figured that 106 days of creation would be highly beneficial. I look forward to anything you may have to contribute regarding to your experience.

Kathryn
    Participant

I would like to know this too, as I am considering using it with a 2nd and 6th grader and wondering if it will be enough for the older one.  I hope someone chimes in!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘106 Days for a 7th/8th grader’ is closed to new replies.