106 days creation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I was wondering, what do people consider “older children” when kusing 106 days of creation and considering Gods creation?

Thank you!

Cindie2dds

It’s meant to be used for 2nd through 7th grades.  I think it can easily be included for a 1st grader, just my opinion though.  If you’re looking for something for middle school and up, I would check into Apologia…. again, just my .02 cents.  Wink

I have a copy, if you have any specific questions.

Sonya Shafer

Or are you thinking of the references to “older children” in the lesson plans themselves? The instructions for “Older Children” in the 106 Days book are to be used at your discretion. When I did those lessons with my children, I did the “Older Children” assignments with my 4th-6th graders. But some children might be ready to do the Considering God’s Creation pages in 3rd grade. So feel free to tweak according to what works best in your situation.

Sharon
    Participant

Hello Sonya:

What kind of science do you recommend for Kinder? I’ve browsed other CM-type curriculum and I see so much science assigned for a 5-year old. I have the 106 Days of Creation that I will start using on Monday with my 5th grader, but I also have my dd who’s in kinder. I thought about including her, teach simpler concepts and draw and complete a notebook. We also plan to do nature studies.

Thank you!

Rachel White
    Participant

I know I’m not Sonya, but I thought I could assist you with your question.

For a five yr. old there is no need for a curriculum. Just start the nature artwork in a whatever notebook or free form paper you like. Creation walks with you carrying the nature guide so she can start her onservation skills and learn to love G-d’s Creation. Lastly, just read books to her about nature. The books from Clara Pierson are perfect as maybe The Sandman stories of farm life. All of these should be found online for free. http://www.yesterdaysclassics.com

There are also some resources for that age group from Answers in Genesis to get her started on her worldview and facts about the Creation of the world, etc…

Lastly, the Backyard Scientist series has a few scientific experiment books for ages 4 and up and a new one for ages 2-7. Look at your library for those, for financial relief.

Lastly, just read to her wonderful living children’s books, like those written by Arnosky and McClosky for example, with beautiful illustrations of nature; show her Impressionist paintings which are nature based.

HTH,

Rachel

Sonya Shafer

Hi, Sharon. Rachel has some great ideas, and she’s absolutely right that you don’t need to do a curriculum with your 5yo. If, however, your daughter wants to be involved, and you want to keep things simple, you can easily include her in the 106 Days lessons, doing only the Family assignments and simplifying or omitting as needed.

Sharon
    Participant

Thank you for the great links!

Does it make sense to do “106 Days” in 1st grade and then again in 5th or 6th grade, but at a deeper level?

Thanks again. I appreciate the help and wisdom!

Rachel White
    Participant

I meant to tell you that when you go on the Yesterday’s Classics site, click on the sorting by subject then click on the  Nature tab to get a summary of the books there. I know the Pierson books are on Baldwin.

Rachel

Sonya Shafer

I suppose you could if you wanted to, but I don’t think it is necessary. If you’re doing other studies, like the Jeannie Fulbright books, you’ll be studying the same topics more in depth. 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘106 days creation’ is closed to new replies.