10 Days in… game

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thank you to whomever suggested this game in a geography thread last fall!  I purchased the 10 Days in USA as a family Christmas gift.   My children love it!  So do I!   The recommended ages on the box are 8 to adult, but my seven year old son really enjoys it and is learning where states are very quickly!  It is a game of strategy and requires thinking skills, not just a game of chance.

I just have to recommend this game to anyone who wants to add a little something to their geography studies.

Wings2fly
    Participant

Thanks, Jennifer.  I just typed a really long response and it disappeared.  So I will try again!

Monica
    Participant

That’s one of our favorite games!  We also love Ticket to Ride, which is another geography game.

I’ve played 10 Days in Europe (which was very difficult because I’m not as familiar with the countries over there).  What I read in those directions was that if you have the Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa games you can use them all together to make an intercontinental game.  THAT sounds fun!

Wings2fly
    Participant

Thanks Jennifer.  I bought this game several years ago on a recommendation here and it seemed too hard for my dc at the time.  Our box says ages 10 to adult.  I also have Africa and Europe.  I know there is Asia and the Americas, but cannot find those on Amazon and I would like to purchase them.  Rainbow Resource has them for $21.50 and these two are due 07/01/15.  http://www.rainbowresource.com/proddtl.php?id=036430

I printed a review in 2011 from the Americas game on amazon from JuJuBe “Homeschool Mom” and she said they put their games together to play 50 Days in the World for their teenagers.  They limit transportation cards depending on how hard they want to make it.

She goes on to give the idea to use Europe’s and Asia’s planes as bombers/fighters.  “Wen someone has an aiplane they want to use as a bomber, they do not pick up a card as in normal play, but point to a card that they want from another player.  The cards are not shown to the person wanting to bomb, so they have no idea what card they are choosing.  If the card that’s picked is a fighter, the person who has the fighter “shoots down” the said momber by turning the tables and picking whatever card they want from the bomber’s cards and laying it aside to use whenever he wants or putting it in the discard pile.  The person who lost the card (the bomber), puts his bomber back in his rack and picks the top card from the discard pile to replace the lost card.  If the card the bomber points to is a card that is not a fighter, they take that person’s card and exchange it for a card on their rack.  That card the bober excanges it for is now given to the person who they  bombed.  Needless to say, this can cause many problems ina chain of countries and perhaps change the tide for whoever was losing or winning.”

For independent or group learning, Geopuzzles have been nice to use here too.

Wings2fly
    Participant

Sorry for all those typos.  We played the game and my daughter loved it but son has yet to get used to it.  The cards are nice and sturdy, but they seem hard to get shuffled good.  I put them upside down in a big pile like you do with dominoes.  But is there a better way?

MelissaB
    Participant

Oh we love the 10 days games too!  We have all of them and by far the favorites are Asia and Europe (I think Americas is hard with how the board is mapped out).  Also love the Ticket to Ride game too.  My kids have come so far in geography because of map drill and these wonderful games, plus this mama has learned so much because of the games.  See, learning can be fun! 🙂

Wings2fly
    Participant

Europe and Africa are on sale for $11.99 to Jan. 11 at Sonlight.

I get emails from them.

http://www.sonlight.com/10-days.html

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘10 Days in… game’ is closed to new replies.