5 Toys and 5 Games

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I thought this would be fun.  Pick any 5 toys and/or any 5 games.  No rules or guidelines on which toys and games you pick.  And then explain why you picked them.  This is similar to the 10 books post:

https://simplycharlottemason.com/scmforum/topic/10-books  

But I figured we need half as many toys as we do books, right?

Toys:

1. Dress-up costumes.  Kids are so creative making new costumes with simple things with a clip-on tie, badge, scarf, aluminum foil, hat, crown, cape, etc.  They have fun in their role play.  I had fun with vintage clothing and bed sheets as a kid.

2. Colored pencils and Dover coloring books or drawing paper.  Keeps kids busy and quiet for hours.  I love to color with them, too, when I make myself sit down long enough to do it.  Started young with large crayons.

3. Maple Landmark wooden building blocks.  Kids of all ages are very creative with these and they are safe for little ones to chew on.  We love their little cars and ABC blocks too.  Made in USA.

4. Variety of stuffed animals and sheets or fold out tent for a jungle safari, camping, or a tea party.  Lots of creative fun play here.  I always loved my stuffed animals too.  Children’s favorites are monkey, elephant, turtle, ballerina, horse, and snake.

5. Dolls – Baby dolls and nursery items and/or 18″ American Girl type of doll are great to care for in role play.  Though my son prefers dinosaur figures.

Games:

1. Uno. Whole family likes to play.  Love Uno Attack too for a change, but needs batteries

2. King’s Court.  A twist on checkers.  No longer made, but lots of fun with strategies.

3. Rummy Cubes.  My grandfather gave me this game and we always played it with him when he came to visit.  I grew to love it.

4. Old Maid.  Loved it as a kid and still like to play with the kids.

5. Scattergories.  Loved this as a kid too.  My mother used to play it with me.  I can’t wait for my kids to get old enough to play it with me.  I love the challenge of coming up with uncommon words and the ones with double or triple points.

Care to share some of yours and your family’s favorite toys and games?

BlessedMommy
    Participant

Toys:

1. Trains, Planes & Automobiles & Train Tracks

2. Play Silks, Blankets and Scarves – Endless possibilities – dress-up, forts, and more.  *I second dress-up costumes too!)

3. Wooden Ball Tracks – So. Much. Fun!  We have a toddler friendly version that even my almost 7 year old loves and then one for older kids with smaller balls.

4. All Building Toys – Blocks, Legos, CitiBlocs etc.

5. Imaginets (We do something similar with one of our math manipulitives – Pattern Shapes with free printable pattern cards off Pinterest)

Games:

1. Balancing Games – We have 3 different games All the same concept but, each very different in difficulty – Animal Upon Animal (most favorite), Balancing Moon (Next Favorite) & Pandabo (Very chalenging  – I think it will be a favorite when she is a bit older)

2. Rapelli – A Game of Chance

3. The Marble Town by Goki  – A marble shooting game

4. Castle Logix  – a great solitair game for kids.  Fun for adults too.

5. A tie between Horton Hears a Who! And Cat in the Hat, I Can Do That!  Both games are lots of fun and involve physical activity which is a big plus.

BlessedMommy
    Participant

Yeah… I can spell.  LOL   Corrections:  manipulatives, challenging & solitaire

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘5 Toys and 5 Games’ is closed to new replies.