It's really not hard, Misty, it just sounds like it. I promise... =)
1. Log onto librivox.org and click on "librivox catalog"
2. Enter the name of the book you are looking for and hit search (I am using Treasure Island as an example)
3. It brings up 3 matches (this will change on each book - there are different readers and versions occasionally)
4. Click on the version you want (I am clicking on the first one for this example - it brings up the page with that selection on it. Usually there is the title, author and brief summary, then a list of options)
5. On the list of options, click "zip file of entire book". This automatically starts the download to your computer and shows a little clock on the left bottom of my screen - I am using Google Chrome on Windows XP. When it is done downloading the little clock thing disappears.
To unlock and listen or prepare to burn:
6. You can click on the download button at the bottom on your screen - or look in "My Documents" in the "download" File. In Windows a little screen pops up.
7. Click on "Extract all files" on the left of the screen. It will start the Extraction Wizard. Click on next.
8. Now it wants to know where to store them. I just leave them in the download file since I am not keeping it after I burn it, so I just click next. This will take a few seconds.
9. When it is done, click finish.
10 Another screen will come up with all the files (chapters) in it. You can choose to listen, to burn or just close it down.
You have to have a CD burner in your computer. I did not so I bought one at Staples. It was a little high, but I have used it for so many things that I easily saved money in the long run. Using librivox has expanded our little audio library a lot. =)
I hope this helps.