Free shipping on USA orders over $95!
Your Business Math: Pet Store Edition
$23.95 – $32.95
Children practice their math skills while running a pretend pet store. Great “living math”! (Grades 3–6) See full description →
You own a store. You want a profit. You do the math!
Your Business Math Series is a fun and “living math” kit that reinforces math skills for ages 8–12! Your student uses math knowledge to keep his or her very own store running and, hopefully, make a profit. But there are also some surprises along the way!
- Fun—Your child will run a pet store full of fur and fish.
- “Living” Math—Learn to write checks, figure sales tax, pay bills, and keep a bank account ledger current, all while practicing basic skills like addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- Easy to Use—Conversational step-by-step instructions that lead the student through various tasks for each business “month.” Additional Teaching Tips and answers in the FREE 56-page teacher book.
- Exciting—Unexpected surprises from Chance cards that students select at random!
- Flexible—Complete the kit in just a few weeks or use it all school year. You choose your own pace.
- Effective—Students don’t mind doing the math when they’re working on their very own store’s success in a fun game-like approach.
- Comprehensive—An additional practice section in case your student needs more help on any skill used in Your Business Math Series.
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × .88 in|
E-book, Spiral, Stapled
Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6
Check out these ideas that correspond to Your Business Math. Use them to enhance your study.
melissa heckman –
I did the Pet Store book for Math in 7th Grade. I really enjoyed learning math with it. I looked forward to math (which isn’t normal for me). You really feel like a store owner. It helped me learn business skills. It took the math I was learning and put it into context of real life. I love animals and I got to “own” a pet store!
Cheryl Powell –
My middle daughter did Pet Store math as a 6th grader and greatly enjoyed it. I was discussing math curriculum choices with our next daughter and she remembered how fun and how much her sister talked about her pet store! LOL I am here to purchase it again and debating the ebook version because I am almost certain our youngest daughter will want to do it as well. Thank you for such a fun and engaging way to do math.