6 yr old having trouble making uppercase K

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My 6 yr old is having trouble getting the diagonal strokes of the K straight. So for the past few days, we have been just focusing on those two strokes.

Do we just continue on with these two strokes until he gets just those two down perfectly? I have seen improvement since we started focused practicing on those certain strokes. It just seems slow going – I keep wanting to hurry things along – not sure why!?

I want to follow CM methods because I believe that they are the best – just different from how I did handwriting with my first two.

jeaninpa
    Participant

I’m not sure what CM would do, but I would just let it rest for now and try coming back to it in a few weeks.  If it is still difficult then, I would wait awhile longer.  In my opinion when there is something that a child isn’t able to do with a bit of practice, that is a signal that he/she just isn’t ready for it yet.  

Monica
    Participant

I agree. I would let it go for a month or so. With boys especially (in my experience with my boys) handwriting can be challenging.

Alicia Hart
    Participant

Should I take a break from handwriting altogether or just on the “K”?

suzukimom
    Participant

I’d try another letter… if that also has problems, take a break completely.

jeaninpa
    Participant

Agreeing with suzukimom.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘6 yr old having trouble making uppercase K’ is closed to new replies.